The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by madeleinewood
Forum for anyone applying to med school 2018 entry with resits eheh <3

Hey yeah i am i got AAB but this is the first time ill be applying i got 3A*s 5As 2Bs at gcse wbu
I got AAB too, and I'm still not entirely sure which universities allow resits
Reply 3
Original post by wowthisiscool
I got AAB too, and I'm still not entirely sure which universities allow resits

yayy son we on the same boat whens yo ukcat mines on Friday ?
Original post by hashman
yayy son we on the same boat whens yo ukcat mines on Friday ?

Ah, good luck!!! Mine's still on the 26th :frown:
I'm just confused about whether it really is worth applying with the B grade. What did you get a B in if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 5
Ah, good luck!!! Mine's still on the 26th :frown:
I'm just confused about whether it really is worth applying with the B grade. What did you get a B in if you don't mind me asking?

i defo think we gotta chance because tbf we were the first people to do the new linear system and like loads of people got into clearing with grades worse than us i got mine in chemistry fml ahahha wbu i would defo plly to uea my college says ive got a decent chance and in that case so should u
Original post by hashman
i defo think we gotta chance because tbf we were the first people to do the new linear system and like loads of people got into clearing with grades worse than us i got mine in chemistry fml ahahha wbu i would defo plly to uea my college says ive got a decent chance and in that case so should u

I agree that we were the first to take the linear exams but that just makes it even worse because we have to resit EVERY SINGLE PAPER...
Reply 7
I agree that we were the first to take the linear exams but that just makes it even worse because we have to resit EVERY SINGLE PAPER...

ikr its soo annoying did u get a B in chem?? tbf i know 4 resits that got in last year as long as u have aab they dont mind its if u have less
Original post by hashman
ikr its soo annoying did u get a B in chem?? tbf i know 4 resits that got in last year as long as u have aab they dont mind its if u have less

No, I got a b in english lit
Original post by hashman

Oh wow, I don't actually know anyone who resat and reapplied at all!
Do you know which unis they got into?
Oh wow, I don't actually know anyone who resat and reapplied at all!
Do you know which unis they got into?

lancaster liverpool and UEA
Original post by hashman
Hey yeah i am i got AAB but this is the first time ill be applying i got 3A*s 5As 2Bs at gcse wbu

I'm literally in the same boat as you, what unis are you thinking of applying to?
Original post by JanitaTwain
I'm literally in the same boat as you, what unis are you thinking of applying to?

Janita Twain my man/woman yo liverpool UEA and not too sure about the rest but im not sure if should do the bmat? i got 645 in the ukcat fml
Original post by hashman
Janita Twain my man/woman yo liverpool UEA and not too sure about the rest but im not sure if should do the bmat? i got 645 in the ukcat fml

Yess do the BMAT cuz it'll let you apply to BSMS / Lancaster. Also 645 isn't bad tbh but you can really revise for the BMAT init. What are you putting as your 5th option?
Yess do the BMAT cuz it'll let you apply to BSMS / Lancaster. Also 645 isn't bad tbh but you can really revise for the BMAT init. What are you putting as your 5th option?

I dont think im putting the fifth option cos ill then go abroad and do medicine ygm but the thing is with bmat if i muck it up thats one place defo gone fml wbu what u looking at
Original post by hashman
I dont think im putting the fifth option cos ill then go abroad and do medicine ygm but the thing is with bmat if i muck it up thats one place defo gone fml wbu what u looking at

I would definitely say going for the resit is a great option if anyone has missed their offer narrowly the first time round for medicine. I missed my offer last year(got A*AB), resat 2 A2 units to get my grade up and managed to somehow get in so it's definitely possible! I'm also fairly sure that most people who resat managed to get in the second time round, it's just about making sure you nail the ukcat and bmat.

I'm happy to answer any questions ppl may have. :smile:
Original post by hashman

Medicine abroad in which country? Bulgaria? I'm thinking of mainly BMAT universities (BSMS, Lancaster) if my UKCAT messes up (mines on 3/09) and I'm looking at Plymouth and Liverpool but both require a decent UKCAT, idk about HYMS and UEA because I don't think my GCSEs are competitive enough tbh.
Original post by setarcos
I would definitely say going for the resit is a great option if anyone has missed their offer narrowly the first time round for medicine. I missed my offer last year(got A*AB), resat 2 A2 units to get my grade up and managed to somehow get in so it's definitely possible! I'm also fairly sure that most people who resat managed to get in the second time round, it's just about making sure you nail the ukcat and bmat.

I'm happy to answer any questions ppl may have. :smile:

Hi! What unis did you apply to/get interviews from?
Hi! What unis did you apply to/get interviews from?

I got interviews from Plymouth, UEA and BSMS. Offers from UEA and BSMS and am heading to BSMS. :smile:
Original post by setarcos
I got interviews from Plymouth, UEA and BSMS. Offers from UEA and BSMS and am heading to BSMS. :smile:

yoy could i ask you how hard the bmat was and how heavy brighton are for bmat i got 645 in the ukcat really upset about

Latest

Trending

Trending