The Student Room Group

Doing 12 A Levels, AMA!

Hello peeps, I am currently doing 12 A-Levels just to stimulate my amazing mind but I'll drop 9 of them at the end of Y12 in order to focus on 3.

My 12 A-Levels are:

Accounting, Archaeology, Critical Thinking, General Studies, Health & Social Care, Home Economics, Leisure Studies, Media Studies, Music Technology, Performance Studies, Sociology & Textiles.

I really want to get into Oxford in order to study Medicine so any advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by TSREconomist100
Hello peeps, I am currently doing 12 A-Levels just to stimulate my amazing mind but I'll drop 9 of them at the end of Y12 in order to focus on 3.

My 12 A-Levels are:

Accounting, Archaeology, Critical Thinking, General Studies, Health & Social Care, Home Economics, Leisure Studies, Media Studies, Music Technology, Performance Studies, Sociology & Textiles.

I really want to get into Oxford in order to study Medicine so any advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Only 12?? That's not enough! You have to do at-least 15-18 A levels to even have a chance at Oxbridge. Please consider doing even more A levels. :smile:
Reply 2

My 12 A-Levels are:

Fantastic career prospects. Keep it up.

My 12 A-Levels are:

i presume this is a really bad joke, right?

zzZZzz

My 12 A-Levels are:

Does 12 a levels wanting to do medicine, but the 12 doesn't include bio and Chem. 🤔🤔🤔
Original post by Quizlet
Only 12?? That's not enough! You have to do at-least 15-18 A levels to even have a chance at Oxbridge. Please consider doing even more A levels. :smile:

Yep I'll Speak to my school to see If I can be entered for 3 more A-Levels to boost my chances.
Reply 6
This troll.
Original post by Quizlet

I just noticed you wanted to do medicine but there's no Biology, Chemistry or Maths as your '12 A level options'. Weird.
Original post by joshchamp125
Does 12 a levels wanting to do medicine, but the 12 doesn't include bio and Chem. 🤔🤔🤔

The extra 3 i'm going to go on to will be Maths, Bio & Chem so I'll have a good chance of getting into Oxford
1. Biggest BS I've heard in a long time (no offence).

2. If true, then your school really needs a visit from Ofsted.

3. To study medicine in any uni, you need Biology, Chemistry and Maths and to have a chance to get into oxbridge, just take another subject which you think you will enjoy...
Reply 10

My 12 A-Levels are:

i am sorry but none of them are preferred subjects for medicine i guess for medicine u need to do science like chemistry biology physics and maths, many universities including oxford do not count creative thinking and general studies , but archaeology, sociology, home economics and health and social care might be useful
Reply 11
lol those 12 A levels are bad
Reply 13

My 12 A-Levels are:

How tall are you?
Leisure Studies- Edexcel
Archaeology- AQA
Original post by Notnek
How tall are you?

Around 4'10"
Reply 16
Around 4'10"

Thanks.

Very good proof that it can be done. Don't know why people are making such a fuss out of me doing 12-15 A Levels :/
Around 4'10"

So sorry buddy but that's way too tall for Oxford. Oxford are looking for people in the 3 foot to 4 foot range. Better luck next time mate :u:

Quick Reply

Latest