The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Student ID Card

Do the student ID Cards need to have a white background for the pictures or it doesn't matter? Please help
Original post by FifaLegends
Do the student ID Cards need to have a white background for the pictures or it doesn't matter? Please help

If you're referring to NUS or ISIC, the answer is no. Ideally a light background though. My profile pic to the left is the photo I have on my International Student Identification Card (ISIC)
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by the_nshoesmith
If you're referring to NUS or ISIC, the answer is no. Ideally a light background though. My profile pic to the left is the photo I have on my International Student Identification Card (ISIC)

Thank you, but what about the actual DMU ID Card?
My uni accepts selfies, as long as its a clear picture of you, you'll be fine, it's used as ID in exams to prove its you sitting the exam
Thank you, but what about the actual DMU ID Card?

I'd suggest asking DMU about that - http://www.dmu.ac.uk/dmu-students/ask-us/ask-us.aspx
Throughout the year I've seen pictures of people with actual selfies on the ID cards (head tilted, to the side and so on) with all sorts of backgrounds and even pictures where you could barely make out their face so you can definitely get away with a picture you take yourself over any background. No need to have an actual professional over white background photograph taken.
Reply 6
NUS or ISIC card???
please help: is it more useful to get an ISIC or a NUS card for purposes of proving your student status?

And: is the NUS card different from the NUS extra card? Is the latter just used to get discounts? Or can it be used to prove one's student status?

many thanks for any advice!
Chris
Original post by goodliff
NUS or ISIC card???
please help: is it more useful to get an ISIC or a NUS card for purposes of proving your student status?

And: is the NUS card different from the NUS extra card? Is the latter just used to get discounts? Or can it be used to prove one's student status?

many thanks for any advice!
Chris

NUS Extra cards now come with ISIC as standard and the picture can be anything proving you can make out it’s you. Many college/university issued ID cards are NUS cards which some places will give you discounts for but others require the NUS Extra which is (£30 per year I think)

Hi there @FifaLegends! I believe as long as we can clearly see it's you and the background is not dark or distracting, you should be fine; a passport photo would be ideal as the picture is formatted correctly and won't be 'squeezed' to fit the ID frame as well as being able to clearly see that it's you. :smile:
My dmu student card is a selfie, and it’s. It got a white background. They really don’t care

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending