The Student Room Group

how long does an AQA gcse remark take?

Hey guys, i wanted to know; how many days roughly does a remark for aqa take if i was to send it tomorrow? (getting english language remarked) I know it taken 20 calendar days but how likely is it that it will get back in 10-15 days?
Reply 1
anyone:frown:
I did this last year and it took almost a month
Reply 3
Yeah a month is about right, a normal remark is 20 working days.
Reply 4
Original post by Eulogy
Yeah a month is about right, a normal remark is 20 working days.

wait what do you mean month it says it takes 20 calendar days??
Reply 5
Original post by hollyoliviax
I did this last year and it took almost a month

what subject did you get remarked?
Reply 6
Original post by Idku
wait what do you mean month it says it takes 20 calendar days??

I think Edexcel is 20 working days, so a month. I'm not sure about AQA but I can't imagine it'll be too different.
Original post by Idku
what subject did you get remarked?

English lit both papers
When I got my exam remarked it's was around a month that was with aqa depends weather or not you get a piroirty remark. Piroirty remarks tend to be quicker.
Original post by Hollyhop23
When I got my exam remarked it's was around a month that was with aqa depends weather or not you get a piroirty remark. Piroirty remarks tend to be quicker.

Legit anyone so I failed by 2 marks if I'm just about to enroll for college place does the remark pretty much ruin my chances of getting in I'm just pissed tbh
Original post by irfandreams
Legit anyone so I failed by 2 marks if I'm just about to enroll for college place does the remark pretty much ruin my chances of getting in I'm just pissed tbh

I am not a 100% sure. It would depend on the college. As I stayed at my sixth from they allowed me to resit my English gsce while doing my a levels. And if you can’t do the course you wanted and the remark comes back that you have passed you may still be able to change. A lot of people swap colleges and courses because they did not enjoy them or did not like the college. I know it’s frustrating I failed my English 4 times and the 5th time I had to get a remark and I was about 2 marks off and that finally came back I have passed. So hopefully it will come back that you have passed. If you need any more help I more then happy to help.
Original post by Hollyhop23
I am not a 100% sure. It would depend on the college. As I stayed at my sixth from they allowed me to resit my English gsce while doing my a levels. And if you can’t do the course you wanted and the remark comes back that you have passed you may still be able to change. A lot of people swap colleges and courses because they did not enjoy them or did not like the college. I know it’s frustrating I failed my English 4 times and the 5th time I had to get a remark and I was about 2 marks off and that finally came back I have passed. So hopefully it will come back that you have passed. If you need any more help I more then happy to help.

I feel it's wrong for my English teacher to tell me I failed by 2 marks then I don't get told when I'm getting it bk from being remarked. As I felt I had no choice I've emailed my business teacher if she replies or not I don't know. I'm just stressed I'm 19 so I already have no government funding problems now this. I appreciate your help I haven't been me since Thursday I hoped my grade for English language GCSE. This is so important without English I wouldn't be allowed on the full level 3 (3 A levels eqvialent) I'd be only be put on the lower 2 a levels eqvialent and a re sit in English. I feel so down nothin I can do but wait and I'm sick of the waiting game all summer all I thought about was this grade I'm just frustrated I don't feel I deserve this.
Reply 12
I REsat my English and IM going to get a remark cuz I failed the second time (4 marks off) IM SO scared for the result!

Quick Reply

Latest