The Student Room Group

Sixth form options

Is anyone taking English Literature, Drama and/ or Psychology? xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by wordsandroses
Is anyone taking English Literature, Drama and/ or Psychology? xx

Unfortunately, I'm taking neither of those for A Levels. Check out the Year 12 thread here. :smile:
I am taking Psychology
I'm doing English lit! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Stirla163
I am taking Psychology

Have you ever done it before? I haven't!
Reply 5
Original post by VicPrimmer
I'm doing English lit! :smile:

Yayayyay! Aha has ur school told u what books ur studying?
Yayayyay! Aha has ur school told u what books ur studying?

Not yet - I was kinda upset because I wanted a head start with the reading but oh well! The suspense is killing me 😂😂 - do you know what books your school are doing?
Reply 7
Not yet - I was kinda upset because I wanted a head start with the reading but oh well! The suspense is killing me 😂😂 - do you know what books your school are doing?

Yes same!! No I don't know it's rlly irritating. I didn't even finish reading spies (the book I did @ gcse)
Yes same!! No I don't know it's rlly irritating. I didn't even finish reading spies (the book I did @ gcse)

Hahaha really? I hope the books are good - I think I heard somewhere that we get a choice?
Reply 9
Hahaha really? I hope the books are good - I think I heard somewhere that we get a choice?

Oh I hope so! It probably depends on the exam board
Have you ever done it before? I haven't!

Yes and so far it is my favourite subjects. At AS level, my favourite main-topic was PSYCHOPATHOLOGY; especially studying about emotional, behavioural and cognitive characteristics of obsessive-compulsive disorder, and different approaches to explaining phobias.
(edited 6 years ago)
I take psych at A Level and I had never done it before. I love it! Why are you asking?
Reply 12
Original post by Stirla163
Yes and so far it is my favourite subjects. At AS level, my favourite main-topic was PSYCHOPATHOLOGY; especially studying about emotional, behavioural and cognitive characteristics of obsessive-compulsive disorder, and different approaches to explaining phobias.

It sounds really interesting!
Reply 13
Original post by larkspurs
I take psych at A Level and I had never done it before. I love it! Why are you asking?

I've never done it before and just wanted to see if anyone else had xx got any advice?
I've never done it before and just wanted to see if anyone else had xx got any advice?

You need to remember almost every single fact to do well 😂! Also learn your research, it's important :smile: good luck!
Reply 15
Original post by larkspurs
You need to remember almost every single fact to do well 😂! Also learn your research, it's important :smile: good luck!

Thanks ☺️☺️
No problem!
Thanks ☺️☺️
I'm doing English lit
Reply 18
Original post by Chellerta
I'm doing English lit

Yay what books r u studying? xx
Yay what books r u studying? xx

The only one we've been told about is a thousand splendid suns which I read and loved x

Quick Reply

Latest