The Student Room Group

What should i do with my relationship??

Long story short, I'm in a long distance relationship but its making me very depressed. I love him a lot but we do have a lot of problems. For example I'm very sensitive as we are very far away from each other. I see that he likes a lot of inappropriate/revealing pictures of girls he knows in his school and stuff even though I said that I didn't like him liking too revealing pictures yet he still does it and doesn't consider it a big deal. why cant he just look and not press like? is it that hard. ill also see that hes liked another girls picture while ignoring me and this gets me really upset, I feel like I don't see him enough and don't have enough attention from him. But when it comes to me trying to leave he always makes me stay by talking to me for ages and saying that everything will be ok as he will come down more next year as hes taking an apprenticeship and that he wont go with any other girls and that I'm the one for him etc etc, he gets very emotional aswell. so I always end up staying, idk how to leave or if I even want to since I love him a lot.i am in a constant state of worry that he will find another gf as im far away since he has done stuff with one girl while we were tg but I forgave him because of the distance and he says hell never do that again, so when I try to leave him he accuses me of "wanting to get with other boys" and says the sole purpose of me leaving him is because of me wanting to do things with boys when in fact it has nothing to do with that.
(edited 6 years ago)
I've been in exactly the same situation and still am but what you should do is enjoy being young and do ur own thing on both ur sides. If you guys are meant to be with each other and really love each other there should be no problems to be together when you are closer to each other. If you keep going the way you are, its going to be destructive and ruin the chances of something good in the future.
Seems like you don't trust the kid and there's only one option (pour moi, anyway) when you're in a relationship that lacks trust... Snip, snip.
Original post by Magicphilos
Seems like you don't trust the kid and there's only one option (pour moi, anyway) when you're in a relationship that lacks trust... Snip, snip.

Are you suggesting she chops his **** off?
Original post by 12ksmith
Are you suggesting she chops his **** off?

It's the only way forward.
Original post by crazyb1tchx
Long story short, I'm in a long distance relationship but its making me very depressed. I love him a lot but we do have a lot of problems. For example I'm very sensitive as we are very far away from each other. I see that he likes a lot of inappropriate/revealing pictures of girls he knows in his school and stuff even though I said that I didn't like him liking too revealing pictures yet he still does it and doesn't consider it a big deal. why cant he just look and not press like? is it that hard. ill also see that hes liked another girls picture while ignoring me and this gets me really upset, I feel like I don't see him enough and don't have enough attention from him. But when it comes to me trying to leave he always makes me stay by talking to me for ages and saying that everything will be ok as he will come down more next year as hes taking an apprenticeship and that he wont go with any other girls and that I'm the one for him etc etc, he gets very emotional aswell. so I always end up staying, idk how to leave or if I even want to since I love him a lot.i am in a constant state of worry that he will find another gf as im far away since he has done stuff with one girl while we were tg but I forgave him because of the distance and he says hell never do that again, so when I try to leave him he accuses me of "wanting to get with other boys" and says the sole purpose of me leaving him is because of me wanting to do things with boys when in fact it has nothing to do with that.

I dunno what you are expecting. It's a bloody long distance relation between people who aren't even husband and wife. This is hardly surprising to me. Break up, you're expecting too much from a guy who can't even listen to a simple instruction.
I'm all 'bout dat haram lyf.
fanks, hun
You didn't really shorten the story because you still wrote a paragraph
Reply 9
From a guys poin of view to be honest i think long distance relationship are the worse have because guys who are still childish will always want more than what is infront of them and he saying things like its gonna work and hes gonna do this and that its all part of a mind game
Reply 10
So ill say leave his ass and move on
Original post by crazyb1tchx

It's probably nothing to worry about. However I understand because the girls are close to him it must make you wonder. He should respect you and not like girls that are half naked pictures espically when he knows them! It's hard to communicate as you're long distance. How far distance is it? You should try meeting up if it isn't too far for the weekend in a hotel maybe or your house and see how things are and if they return back to normal. If they do , stay. Because the distance will only test you guys! If it doesn't go back to normal then leave because clearly there's nothing in the relationship for you. Don't make the liking pictures a big thing, boys don't see it as a big thing. I'm sure If he was doing something with the girls he wouldn't be that public and like their pictures.
I don't know how old you both are (you mentioned school, I assume you uni ?) if actually school to young for that kind of relationship and in my opinion you should move on! People who accuse other people of stuff are normally tarnishing that person with their brush if that makes sense. If in university than that later comment still stands but university is about living and having fun, not worrying about what your BF's doing

E.g about the tarnishing brush bit, I girl on my course has a BF in Birmingham uni and because her phone was in her bag for a few hours and didn't see his messages he went mad, you there must of been at list 12 - 15 messages calling her a SL*T a CU*NT all sorts just because she was out and she blamed herself...actually crazy how he's brainwashed her....anyway went way of on one then 😂

Quick Reply

Latest