The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't understand my brain. Please just hibernate.

Original post by Big Papa
I've seen you on a couple of posts in the past few weeks and you do have some pretty interesting input... sometimes. :beard:

'Sometimes'. :beard:
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
I don't understand my brain. Please just hibernate.

'Sometimes'. :beard:

Just some innocent sarcasm - your posts are rather insightful. The truth about your statement above is no one understands their brain. If we did, where would the fun in life be? The aim at the end of the day is to understand little parts and bring them all together. :beard:

P.S. I apologise if I wasn't meant to comment on how a person feels on this thread, that may have been rather rude of me.
Just some innocent sarcasm - your posts are rather insightful. The truth about your statement above is no one understands their brain. If we did, where would the fun in life be? The aim at the end of the day is to understand little parts and bring them all together. :beard:

P.S. I apologise if I wasn't meant to comment on how a person feels on this thread, that may have been rather rude of me.

I wasn't offended, more amused. :tongue:

True but it would be nice if my brain cooperated every now and then, you know? Why are you awake? :beard:
I wasn't offended, more amused. :tongue:

True but it would be nice if my brain cooperated every now and then, you know? Why are you awake? :beard:

Have you tried to make it cooperate? Taken time out for yourself rather than for others? But I'm awake for reasons which can't be mentioned on this public thread, got to remain somewhat secretive :beard:
Have you tried to make it cooperate? Taken time out for yourself rather than for others? But I'm awake for reasons which can't be mentioned on this public thread, got to remain somewhat secretive :beard:

Funny that you mention that; that's literally what I've been trying to do these last few days - doesn't seem to be working.

Ooohh, that just makes me more curious. Clues? :beard:
Funny that you mention that; that's literally what I've been trying to do these last few days - doesn't seem to be working.

Ooohh, that just makes me more curious. Clues? :beard:

Are you doing it the right way? Have you located the core problem?

Why are any of us awake at 4am? Maybe I just don't sleep much :beard:
Why are any of us awake at 4am? Maybe I just don't sleep much :beard:

I'm awake because I'm in a time zone that's 4 hours ahead of the UK :h:
I didn't sleep though :redface:
Original post by Hamoody
I'm awake because I'm in a time zone that's 4 hours ahead of the UK :h:
I didn't sleep though :redface:

I'm guessing... Pakistan? No sleep because of Eid festivities?
I'm guessing... Pakistan? No sleep because of Eid festivities?

Dubai :redface:
Not really. Lot of shi* going on in life. I haven't slept for the past three days. The moment I lie down, I feel restless and start pacing around for no reason whatsoever :doh::rolleyes:
Original post by Hamoody
Dubai :redface:
Not really. Lot of shi* going on in life. I haven't slept for the past three days. The moment I lie down, I feel restless and start pacing around for no reason whatsoever :doh::rolleyes:

72 hours with 0 hours of sleep is pretty bad - I suggest you see a doctor if it continues. I do hope the stuff get's better though. Take some time to forget about the crap and do something you enjoy.
72 hours with 0 hours of sleep is pretty bad - I suggest you see a doctor if it continues. I do hope the stuff get's better though. Take some time to forget about the crap and do something you enjoy.

I know. My eyes sting all the time but I can't get myself to sleep. I hope this misery ends. Thanks for the advice though. Bless you :h:
Original post by Hamoody
I know. My eyes sting all the time but I can't get myself to sleep. I hope this misery ends. Thanks for the advice though. Bless you :h:

It'll end, I promise. If you need someone to talk to, let me know, just a PM away.
Original post by MrsMars

:hugs::console:
Here if you need a friend/someone to talk to :h:

Thanks a bunch :h:
You know my inbox is always open for you too right?:h:
It'll end, I promise. If you need someone to talk to, let me know, just a PM away.

Thank you so much. JazakAllah Khair(I see you're in the ISOC)
Original post by Hamoody
Thank you so much. JazakAllah Khair(I see you're in the ISOC)

Wa ʾIyyāk :smile:
On this thread? In your current situations? In your studies or employment? Or just generally in life?
Original post by Hamoody
Thanks a bunch :h:
You know my inbox is always open for you too right?:h:

Always my pleasure :h:
I know, and I think I'm waiting for replies to some old PMs? :redface:
Don't worry about them though, you don't have to reply :lol:

:hugs:
I've been feeling slightly ill since last night:frown: don't feel well at all and as if I'm going to throw up. Barely slept as much
Relieved that my phone didn't smash on a 2 ft drop from my coat pocket on my bike.
Next week I'm getting my hair cut and I'm most likely cutting it to shoulder length. But I will really miss being able to do elaborate braiding with my long hair. I will be really limited to what hair styles I can do, and hair styles are really important for my hair because it can't just be left completely loose.