The Student Room Group

Is philosophy and ethics boring?

Original post by ThushaS

I personally found it very interesting, but it's not everyone's cup of tea. It's one of those things that's fascinating if you're interested, dull as ditchwater if you're not.
Original post by ThushaS

I did this subject as an AS level. It was quite interesting actually, full of debate about real issues in society.

If you're into that kind of thing you will enjoy it.
Reply 3
But does it require a lot of reading at alevel?
Reply 4
Original post by Cubone-r
I did this subject as an AS level. It was quite interesting actually, full of debate about real issues in society.

If you're into that kind of thing you will enjoy it.

Would it help with a career in medicine
Reply 5
Original post by AnnieGakusei
I personally found it very interesting, but it's not everyone's cup of tea. It's one of those things that's fascinating if you're interested, dull as ditchwater if you're not.

is it like rs at gcse?
Reply 6
What you learn in school/college is boring. The actual subjects themselves are very interesting.
Original post by ThushaS
Would it help with a career in medicine

If your other A levels satisfy entry requirements into medicine then it will not help or hinder your application.

Although it does have a few links to the ethics involved in medical practice such as euthanasia and abortion.
Reply 8
Original post by Cubone-r
If your other A levels satisfy entry requirements into medicine then it will not help or hinder your application.

Although it does have a few links to the ethics involved in medical practice such as euthanasia and abortion.

Thank you!
Original post by ThushaS
is it like rs at gcse?

No, nothing like it. It's a lot more in-depth for one thing.
Reply 10
Original post by AnnieGakusei
No, nothing like it. It's a lot more in-depth for one thing.

ohh okay. I am just worried for writing the essays! There seems to be a lot!
I did the GCSE but then opted for religious studies at AS/A level instead because it sounds less like a weak subject but for GCSE that doesn't matter.

The GCSE opened my mind to a lot of ethical issues like abortion, euthanasia and war. The other half of the course was about religions and their beliefs which was less interesting but at least now I know.
Reply 12
Original post by HoldThisL
I did the GCSE but then opted for religious studies at AS/A level instead because it sounds less like a weak subject but for GCSE that doesn't matter.

The GCSE opened my mind to a lot of ethical issues like abortion, euthanasia and war. The other half of the course was about religions and their beliefs which was less interesting but at least now I know.

Thank you very much. This helps so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending