The Student Room Group

Rate these A level options

Business studies
Religious studies
Sociology

Scroll to see replies

Are you thinking of going to uni, if so what course do you intend to do? and also what sort of career are you going towards?
Taking business too!
Original post by Shadow_12
Are you thinking of going to uni, if so what course do you intend to do? and also what sort of career are you going towards?

Hopefully a business degree at a uni and prospects of a job in management or even a business owner
Original post by Yologeorge123
Business studies
Religious studies
Sociology

Not really attracted to these subjects 4/10 wouldn't smash.
Hopefully a business degree at a uni and prospects of a job in management or even a business owner

Ok, yeah i think they go well together especially if you enjoy them all
I think you should try to do at least 1 (preferably 2) facilitating A levels, such as history or maths - perhaps in place of RS.

The three you have listed are on the softer end of the spectrum, which isn't necessarily a problem as long as you are aware.

Good luck!!
Original post by MrMoment
I think you should try to do at least 1 (preferably 2) facilitating A levels, such as history or maths - perhaps in place of RS.

The three you have listed are on the softer end of the spectrum, which isn't necessarily a problem as long as you are aware.

Good luck!!

Thanks but do you think that my A levels would get me in to a business management course in somewhere like Brighton who require BBB

Good luck!!

Also I am not looking at joining a really prestigious university so do u think my options are good enough
Also I am not looking at joining a really prestigious university so do u think my options are good enough

Quite possibly, but I still think you should take at least 1 facilitating A levels, probably in place of RS (or Sociology, but not Business).

For example, for a BSc in Business Management at Swansea Uni (BBB - BBA):

The top two A level combinations in previous years:

-Business, English Lit, History
-Business, Psychology, Geography

If you really feel you cannot do a facilitating A level then don't, but I would highly recommend to do 1 or more.

Facilitating A levels:

Spoiler

Original post by Janej77
Taking business too!

What are you taking
Quite possibly, but I still think you should take at least 1 facilitating A levels, probably in place of RS (or Sociology, but not Business).

For example, for a BSc in Business Management at Swansea Uni (BBB - BBA):
L

The top two A level combinations in previous years:

-Business, English Lit, History
-Business, Psychology, Geography

If you really feel you cannot do a facilitating A level then don't, but I would highly recommend to do 1 or more.

Facilitating A levels:

Spoiler

I'm thinking of swapping sociology for history. Do you think they would be stronger options
What are you taking

Business studies, further maths, maths, chemistry and biology. Have to take 5 cos I really want to take further maths.
Original post by Janej77
Business studies, further maths, maths, chemistry and biology. Have to takedd 5 cos I really want to take further maths.

Those a levels are very good but do you think me taking history, RS and business studies is impressive. Also is history for sociology is a better choice.
Those a levels are very good but do you think me taking history, RS and business studies is impressive. Also is history for sociology is a better choice.

I think history is a better choice. U might find it easier to learn history if u got history gcse than sociology. TBH, history, business and sociology sounds pretty good as well. RS doesn't seem to have a very close connection with ur goal.
Original post by Janej77
I think history is a better choice. U might find it easier to learn history if u got history gcse than sociology. TBH, history, business and sociology sounds pretty good as well. RS doesn't seem to have a very close connection with ur goal.

Do you think history RS and business would be good though
Do you think history RS and business would be good though

It sounds alright to me though u could take some subjects more related to what u want to do in the future. However, if those are the subjects u feel u re gonna do well in, then go ahead. It all depends on u.
My opinion cannot represent urs. Subjects that seem to be good for me doesn't mean it would sound good for u. I went against my mum by choosing to take further maths which forced to me to do 5 a levels cos she did not see the point of taking further maths when there is maths already. I am about to start sixth form next week and I know that it doesn't matter how hard my a levels will be, I won't regret my options.
Don't make urself regret ur options.
Original post by Janej77
It sounds alright to me though u could take some subjects more related to what u want to do in the future. However, if those are the subjects u feel u re gonna do well in, then go ahead. It all depends on u.
My opinion cannot represent urs. Subjects that seem to be good for me doesn't mean it would sound good for u. I went against my mum by choosing to take further maths which forced to me to do 5 a levels cos she did not see the point of taking further maths when there is maths already. I am about to start sixth form next week and I know that it doesn't matter how hard my a levels will be, I won't regret my options.
Don't make urself regret ur options.

According to which and many other unis business courses often dont require specific a levels but some do require facilitating subjects
According to which and many other unis business courses often dont require specific a levels but some do require facilitating subjects

Then do some facilitating subjects and some subjects that interests u
Original post by Janej77
Business studies, further maths, maths, chemistry and biology. Have to take 5 cos I really want to take further maths.

You are taking way too many.

You only need 3 A levels.

Quick Reply

Latest