The Student Room Group

Cant revise A level Psychology

SO MUCH content
Feels like a waste of time sometimes when nothing goes into my brain?
HELP?! Text book is massive, any alternatives?
Loopa looks kinda cool I feel that's my only way out
(Wanna do science at uni btw in case someone wonders if i love psych, No I dont)
Reply 1
Don't use a textbook. Use a revision guide instead. Illuminate have really good ones, have a look at them on amazon.

Sorry to ask, but why take Psychology if you don't like it anyway?
Reply 2
Original post by Jor64
Don't use a textbook. Use a revision guide instead. Illuminate have really good ones, have a look at them on amazon.

Sorry to ask, but why take Psychology if you don't like it anyway?

Would the illuminate one be sufficient to get atleast an A?
Yeah 100% agree, I shouldn't have picked it.
But it's too late now (Retaking year 13) so I feel like I should just really try my best and get some good advice as well.
Reply 3
Original post by dhf
Would the illuminate one be sufficient to get atleast an A?
Yeah 100% agree, I shouldn't have picked it.
But it's too late now (Retaking year 13) so I feel like I should just really try my best and get some good advice as well.

They have the key facts in. If you're aiming for an A, I'd memorise the facts in the revision guide, then read the textbook so you can build up your knowledge around the key facts that you need to know.

Use spaced repetition. Make flashcards of the key concepts, definitions, studies, etc and test yourself over time. Don't make flashcards from the textbook. Make them from a revision guide instead, as revision guides have information that you will need to know, rather than information that you wont need in the exam.

I got a B in AS. Not an A, I know, but still respectable.

Just do as many past papers as you can and repeatedly test the key facts on flashcards.
Reply 4
Original post by Jor64
They have the key facts in. If you're aiming for an A, I'd memorise the facts in the revision guide, then read the textbook so you can build up your knowledge around the key facts that you need to know.

Use spaced repetition. Make flashcards of the key concepts, definitions, studies, etc and test yourself over time. Don't make flashcards from the textbook. Make them from a revision guide instead, as revision guides have information that you will need to know, rather than information that you wont need in the exam.

I got a B in AS. Not an A, I know, but still respectable.

Just do as many past papers as you can and repeatedly test the key facts on flashcards.

Will definitely consider buying the revision guide :smile:
What did you use to revise?
Reply 5
Original post by dhf
Will definitely consider buying the revision guide :smile:
What did you use to revise?

I mainly used the internet + flashcard software.
Tutor2u revision cards: https://www.tutor2u.net/psychology/blog/a-level-psychology-year-1-as-revision-flashcards

May sometimes use a textbook only for the questions they have. But I'd always stick to revision guides for making notes and building my knowledge.

Quick Reply

Latest