The Student Room Group

Tights with shorts - good idea or not?

Hiya,

I'm quite self conscious about my legs, so when I've got a skirt on I usually wear skin coloured tights to cover up any blemishes and make me feel more confident.

It was warm today, so tried the same with shorts. Not quite sure if tights go so well with shorts. What do you guys think....

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amy14081263
Hiya,

I'm quite self conscious about my legs, so when I've got a skirt on I usually wear skin coloured tights to cover up any blemishes and make me feel more confident.

It was warm today, so tried the same with shorts. Not quite sure if tights go so well with shorts. What do you guys think....

In all honesty, I find it a bit weird. However, I also find no need for you to do this as you are fine just the way you are, we all have spots or blemishes. Perfect imperfections in my eyes
Reply 2
Original post by SherlockD
In all honesty, I find it a bit weird. However, I also find no need for you to do this as you are fine just the way you are, we all have spots or blemishes. Perfect imperfections in my eyes

Thanx, but that's easy to say if you're a guy. I'm guessing you are. Most girls aren't confident enough to show their bad bits, especially when other girls will comment.

Are you sayin that tights are weird or shorts, or the combo of both? Or maybe you think I should wear shorts just with my bare legs?
Thanx, but that's easy to say if you're a guy. I'm guessing you are. Most girls aren't confident enough to show their bad bits, especially when other girls will comment.

Are you sayin that tights are weird or shorts, or the combo of both? Or maybe you think I should wear shorts just with my bare legs?

Yep I'm a guy, curious as to how you deduced that?

To clarify, I find the combo weird, shorts with bare legs seems a better idea.
Reply 4
Yep I'm a guy, curious as to how you deduced that?

To clarify, I find the combo weird, shorts with bare legs seems a better idea.

I can see how that was deduced. Your disregard for blemishes is something that won't come from most girls because in general we pay more attention to that kind of thing, and other girls will sometimes point it out.

To answer the original thread question, I think it's perfectly acceptable to wear that combo, just do whatever you feel confident in :smile:
Reply 5
Lolz, was obvious you were a guy! Thanx though as you're being nice about my legs. I just use tights as a foundation layer and feel comfier that way.

Since you're an expert lol, what about tights with strappy sandals? This was me when I came home last night after being out with some some friends...

Bet you'll say, bare feet would've been better!!
Hiya,

I think it is a different look than wearing them with a skirt but if you like it then to hell with what anyone else thinks.
Reply 7
Lolz, what you mean by different? I agree that it's up to me wot I wear but I'm always thinking about what other peeps think. Also, it's not that unusual for girls to wear tights with shorts.
Lolz, was obvious you were a guy! Thanx though as you're being nice about my legs. I just use tights as a foundation layer and feel comfier that way.

Since you're an expert lol, what about tights with strappy sandals? This was me when I came home last night after being out with some some friends...

Disclaimer: I'm not interested in feet

What's wrong with your feet? Absolutely nothing! Bare feet would have been better
Reply 9
Disclaimer: I'm not interested in feet

What's wrong with your feet? Absolutely nothing! Bare feet would have been better

Lol@disclaimer! Haha I know there's nothing wrong wiv my feet, but they get covered up when I have tights on! And I like wearing strappy heels when I'm out.
Original post by xDarcey
Hmm, I don't know. I find shorts with black/coloured tights quite cute but I've never seen anyone wear shorts with skin-coloured tights before.

People might find it odd, but I don't see anything wrong with it if it makes you feel more confident.

Yeah my friends sometimes wear them with black opaque tights, but I don't really like that look. Mostly I wear natural ones to give my legs some colour, as I have pasty white skin!! But also to hide little spots and stuff.

Surprised you haven't seen anyone wear shorts with skin coloured tights. In Liverpool where I live quite a few girls wear them like that. I guess if some people find it odd then that's how it is.
Original post by flabi
To answer the original thread question, I think it's perfectly acceptable to wear that combo, just do whatever you feel confident in :smile:

Thanx. Have you ever worn that combo? I think it's funny how lots of girls wear skin coloured tights with dresses and skirts, but somehow with shorts its weird, lolz!
Reply 12

The end on the toes looks weird. That said tights look fine with shorts, but perhaps use darker ones. Girls I've seen with this combo often had black tights or with patterns. Otherwise I'd think your legs are strange. I'm a guy though.
Original post by edd522
The end on the toes looks weird. That said tights look fine with shorts, but perhaps use darker ones. Girls I've seen with this combo often had black tights or with patterns. Otherwise I'd think your legs are strange. I'm a guy though.

Haha, yeah I know about the toes. Should've worn sandal-toed tights!! But I didn't have any :redface:

Yup, black tights is defo more common, I know! Funny how guys think it's a strange look, but girls think its ok, hmm... This is a pic a friend took of me when we were on holiday in the summer, to show other friends my strange fashion sense!!

Denim shorts, skin coloured tights and trainers, so weird LOLZ! :h:

Or maybe you think it's ok?
(edited 6 years ago)
No
Original post by Reece.W.J
No

Lolz... So what's wrong wiv it? Bet you wouldn't even have known I was wearing tights in that pic if I hadn't told you!! :bigsmile:
Lolz... So what's wrong wiv it? Bet you wouldn't even have known I was wearing tights in that pic if I hadn't told you!! :bigsmile:

In the picture probably not but I can tell because I know it's there you can kind of see it. Probably looks a lot worse irl
So you think I should've taken them off and just gone with bare legs? Thing is, I hate the feel of bare feet inside trainers, especially when they get all sweaty!! I need to have socks or tights on.
Reply 18
Thanx. Have you ever worn that combo? I think it's funny how lots of girls wear skin coloured tights with dresses and skirts, but somehow with shorts its weird, lolz!

I can't recall a specific occasion when I have, but I'm pretty sure I have worn that combo! Yeah I agree with you, that's a bit weird... each to their own I guess :P
Coolio... Anyone who wears that combo must have great taste!:biggrin:Yup, would be a boring world if we were all the same.

I'm often a bit different. The funny thing is that day my tights ended up coming off anyway, as I wanted to paddle my feet in the water!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending