The Student Room Group

The world was more stable when the U.S had a black president

Just an observation, but lets point them out:

Bush: War with Iraq

Obama: North pole got smaller and some polar bears died.

Trump: Lets start a nuclear war with N. Korea. China has 10 minutes to decide which MOFUing side its on. OK, not ours, lets go ware* with China too, tiny little *****A's

*mispelling, should I edit that out or make it more realistic for a Trump tweat?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Preach it sister!
Why so people think Obama was some kind of saint lol
He was ineffective at home and almost useless abroad. His greatest strength was basically image.
The world has been more stable under Democrat US Presidents, apart perhaps from Kennedy. Skin colour I think is irrelevant in this case.
Original post by Davij038
He was ineffective at home and almost useless abroad. His greatest strength was basically image.

My understanding was that Republicans voted down every piece of legislation on principal. But there are now Americans who previously didn't have access to healthcare. That is a big deal. What has Trump achieved other than becoming Chatterbox Level 3 on Twitter?
Obama: the rise of ISIS and so many Islamist terror attacks in Europe most aren't even major news stories again; the fall of Lybia, the collapse of Syria, in fact most of the current mess (Iraq was more or less fine until the premature withdrawal ordered by Obama)

Trump: not actually happened so yeah...
(edited 6 years ago)
Ummm the Arab Spring? Libyan and Syrian civil wars? Rise of ISIS? Any of these ringing a bell on what happened during Obama's presidency?

I mean christ anyone with 2 brain cells can see Obama is a better president than Trump (though that bar is exceptionally low) but don't just blank over what has actually happened.
Original post by barnetlad
The world has been more stable under Democrat US Presidents, apart perhaps from Kennedy. Skin colour I think is irrelevant in this case.

"Hey, Hey LBJ, how many kids did you kill today?" Comes to mind.

And who was it that ended the Vietnam War? Oh yeah, that evil Republican, Richard Nixon...
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by barnetlad

The Cuban Missile crisis was the pinnacle of stability.
Obama would've been seen as a mediocre president had he not been black.
It seems in America ones skin colour merits them more praise then they should be receiving.
Reply 11
Well, it's like eating a dog biscuit in between being spoonfed s***. The dog biscuit still will taste pretty bad, but it seems great by comparison. Anyway, if you're suggesting Obama's blackness has anything to do with it, that's clearly ludicrous.
The world was more stable when *Obama* was President.
What is your point? Why are you making a big deal out of someone's skin colour? He was a better president than those two buffoons, well that's not exactly hard. And what about all the others, was he better/more liked than abraham lincoln, jfk, eisenhower, franklin d roosevelt? I don't' think anyone is planning to carve obama's face into mt rushmore anytime soon, are they? And if he isn't of the greats is it because of his race that he wasn't great? What conclusion would you draw? That black presidents can be quite good but not that good? You bringing race into this is really dodgy and doesn't make a lot of sense. He is a man, who most people think tried to do a good job; why you think it's relevant to his abilties as president to draw the arbitrary distinction that he is a black man, I have no idea.
Original post by applesforme
What is your point? Why are you making a big deal out of someone's skin colour? He was a better president than those two buffoons, well that's not exactly hard. And what about all the others, was he better/more liked than abraham lincoln, jfk, eisenhower, franklin d roosevelt? I don't' think anyone is planning to carve obama's face into mt rushmore anytime soon, are they? And if he isn't of the greats is it because of his race that he wasn't great? What conclusion would you draw? That black presidents can be quite good but not that good? You bringing race into this is really dodgy and doesn't make a lot of sense. He is a man, who most people think tried to do a good job; why you think it's relevant to his abilties as president to draw the arbitrary distinction that he is a black man, I have no idea.

I'll answer that rhetorical question in 4 words; because OP is racist.
The US and probably a lot of the world was at its best during Reagan's tenure. He was a great president!
Original post by Pidge Gunderson
Obama would've been seen as a mediocre president had he not been black.
It seems in America ones skin colour merits them more praise then they should be receiving.

He is seen as a very average president...
Reply 17
Their skin colour and competency are not relate. I know you say this is just an observation, but to think it means anything is racist (that is not saying you do) :>
Yeah lol
Michelle 2020? Or the rock

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending