The Student Room Group

What kind of traffic light is this?

Attachment not found
I went through an amber light last night and as i drove through it, it went red, no traffic around me and i didnt see a flash from a camera. But ontop of the traffic light was a grey cctv looking camera, is this a red light camera? Or some other type?

Ive never done anything like this, i am recently new to driving and so so worried, feeling sick worried.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Missyjade01
Attachment not found
I went through an amber light last night, no traffic around me and i didnt see a flash from a camera. But ontop of the traffic light was a grey cctv looking camera, is this a red light camera? Or some other type?

Ive never done anything like this, i am recently new to driving and so so worried, feeling sick worried.

It won't catch you on amber, only red will trigger the camera.
Reply 2
Original post by kimsk1981
It won't catch you on amber, only red will trigger the camera.

Yes but as i drove thru it, it went red. I didnt see a flash and it was pitch back 1am. What kind of camera is this?
Attachment not found
I went through an amber light last night and as i drove through it, it went red, no traffic around me and i didnt see a flash from a camera. But ontop of the traffic light was a grey cctv looking camera, is this a red light camera? Or some other type?

I can only see a picture the size of a postage stamp but it looks like one of the pedestrian sensors on a pelican crossing tbh.
Amber gamblers are no less dangerous than red light leggers. More so in certain cases
Learn some good driving habits.
Reply 5
Original post by Joinedup
I can only see a picture the size of a postage stamp but it looks like one of the pedestrian sensors on a pelican crossing tbh.

Sorry its because its from my phone. Its like a grey cctv camera on top of the traffic light. But you dont think itd a red light camers?
Yes but as i drove thru it, it went red. I didnt see a flash and it was pitch back 1am. What kind of camera is this?

If it was pitch black I would assume you would have seen a flash- I've seen people get flashed in the middle of the day. Sometimes it's safer to go through amber it's just changing as you are getting level as it would mean slamming on your breaks and this could cause an accident, making any cars behind you crash into you.
Reply 7
Original post by kimsk1981
If it was pitch black I would assume you would have seen a flash- I've seen people get flashed in the middle of the day. Sometimes it's safer to go through amber it's just changing as you are getting level as it would mean slamming on your breaks and this could cause an accident, making any cars behind you crash into you.

Yhh i just wasnt sure if red light camera's flash. But if it is one there was defiantly no flash
Sorry its because its from my phone. Its like a grey cctv camera on top of the traffic light. But you dont think itd a red light camers?

The traffic light cameras near me are in a box on a separate pole, like this...

tlcamera.JPG
Reply 9
Original post by Joinedup
The traffic light cameras near me are in a box on a separate pole, like this...

tlcamera.JPG

Yhh thats what google was saying ans there usually yellow or grey on a free standing pole. Ive never actually seen one thats why im worrying
Yhh thats what google was saying ans there usually yellow or grey on a free standing pole. Ive never actually seen one thats why im worrying

Probably find your local ones http://www.speedcameramap.co.uk

might not be up to date I guess.
Reply 11
It could just be a camera to monitor traffic, or if it's a junction there could be a no right turn or no left turn opposite it so it could be monitoring that.
Reply 12
Attachment not found

No, it's not a red light camera, and no, you would not have been caught by one crossing at amber.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending