The Student Room Group

I need help before Year 11

Hi guys
I don't know what to do for year 11 because I feel like I should write up notes from last year in my revision notebooks and then transfer them on to flashcards or another form of revision material. This is mainly for the sciences and history. Do you think that it is too much work to be doing both? Is it pointless? Should I just do the revision material straight from the textbook and PowerPoints?
Please help me I'm really lost.
Thanks
Every person has a different way of studying. I would say do what you normally do. If you have time then making revision materials can help.
Original post by Rennae
Hi guys
I don't know what to do for year 11 because I feel like I should write up notes from last year in my revision notebooks and then transfer them on to flashcards or another form of revision material. This is mainly for the sciences and history. Do you think that it is too much work to be doing both? Is it pointless? Should I just do the revision material straight from the textbook and PowerPoints?
Please help me I'm really lost.
Thanks

If you have time, I would rewrite revision materials from the textbook but use whatever you made before for ways to remember? Depending on what type of learner you are, make revision resources based on that?

Hope this helps!
Original post by larkspurs
If you have time, I would rewrite revision materials from the textbook but use whatever you made before for ways to remember? Depending on what type of learner you are, make revision resources based on that?

Hope this helps!

how can you find what type of learner you are
Original post by Danny7867
how can you find what type of learner you are

Try this: http://www.educationplanner.org/students/self-assessments/learning-styles-quiz.shtml

But what type of revision has worked before?
Reply 5
Original post by larkspurs

To be honest when I revised in year 10 for science I just did random notes here and there or watched videos and kinda winged it and done well so there isn't a specific type of revision that I've done. That's why I don't want to go into year 11 not knowing what revision works
Original post by Rennae
To be honest when I revised in year 10 for science I just did random notes here and there or watched videos and kinda winged it and done well so there isn't a specific type of revision that I've done. That's why I don't want to go into year 11 not knowing what revision works

The quiz will help! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending