The Student Room Group

doing past paper questions from the old spec

i take biology chemistry and psychology. I was just wondering whether it is worth doing past paper questions from the old spec as there are not a lot of past papers available for the new spec
Original post by uka_qwer
i take biology chemistry and psychology. I was just wondering whether it is worth doing past paper questions from the old spec as there are not a lot of past papers available for the new spec

Yes. I used old spec papers a lot for Biology.
Yes absolutely do all of them even legacy papers from 2006 and before. They all have relevant content.
Reply 3
Original post by Blue_Cow
Yes. I used old spec papers a lot for Biology.

what exam board do you do ?
Original post by uka_qwer
what exam board do you do ?

AQA.
Reply 5
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Yes absolutely do all of them even legacy papers from 2006 and before. They all have relevant content.

thanks
I cannot speak for psychology but for biology (I do AQA) and only some of the papers are relevant to the specification now I believe they are units 1 and 2. For chemistry (edexcel) I also did some last papers but you shouldn't get disheartened if you don't understand some of the questions as the spec is slightly different , the big difference being the multiple choice. But yes, I found them very useful due to the lack of resources given for these new specifications x hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest