The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I will definitely be applying too. I got 10A*s and 2As at GCSE. 2As and a B at AS level (with like circumstances) and I think my predicted grades will be hopefully 3A*s! I haven't done my UKCAT yet but that's on weds. Wbu?

I hope my B at AS doesn't let me down! The B is in the subject I dropped though so it shouldn't matter too much...
Original post by Edosawr
I will definitely be applying too. I got 10A*s and 2As at GCSE. 2As and a B at AS level (with like circumstances) and I think my predicted grades will be hopefully 3A*s! I haven't done my UKCAT yet but that's on weds. Wbu?

I hope my B at AS doesn't let me down! The B is in the subject I dropped though so it shouldn't matter too much...

10 A*s wow! Was one of the As in statistics btw? I think I recognise your name.
I got 7 A*s 4 As and 640 UKCAT which is why I'm applying here 😅

Worried I don't have enough extra curricular tho!
Reply 3
Original post by ScienceFantatic
10 A*s wow! Was one of the As in statistics btw? I think I recognise your name.
I got 7 A*s 4 As and 640 UKCAT which is why I'm applying here 😅

Worried I don't have enough extra curricular tho!

Thank you! Great scores too! Nah I got an A* in Statistics but I remember you now from Statistics. Did you do edexcel stats in 2015?:h:
Original post by Edosawr
Thank you! Great scores too! Nah I got an A* in Statistics but I remember you now from Statistics. Did you do edexcel stats in 2015?:h:

Thanks but my ukcat is quite average but i found ar disgusting in exam, a few q were very similar to official ukcat ones so i'd have a look at those. I did aqa stats in 2015 tbh but I went on both threads tbh and the general year 10 one :smile:.

Which other unis u thinking? And what was it that you liked about Bristol?
Reply 5
Thanks but my ukcat is quite average but i found ar disgusting in exam, a few q were very similar to official ukcat ones so i'd have a look at those. I did aqa stats in 2015 tbh but I went on both threads tbh and the general year 10 one :smile:.

Which other unis u thinking? And what was it that you liked about Bristol?

Ahhh yeah! For the UKCAT, I just end up losing my confidence after VR and then flunk the rest... I just get so tired when doing the mocks at home. I expect when I get some adrenaline I'll be more ready for it. Thanks for the advice!

I'm thinking Southampton, Bristol, Exeter and BSMS - though I'm not sure about BSMS anymore! If I do really well on my UKCAT, I might avoid BSMS because then I wouldn't have to do the BMAT. I haven't actually visited Bristol uni yet but I really like the vibes of Bristol from what I've seen online and it all seems quite close together even though it's a city uni rather than a campus. Also seems like good sport opportunities... What about you?
Original post by Edosawr
Ahhh yeah! For the UKCAT, I just end up losing my confidence after VR and then flunk the rest... I just get so tired when doing the mocks at home. I expect when I get some adrenaline I'll be more ready for it. Thanks for the advice!

I'm thinking Southampton, Bristol, Exeter and BSMS - though I'm not sure about BSMS anymore! If I do really well on my UKCAT, I might avoid BSMS because then I wouldn't have to do the BMAT. I haven't actually visited Bristol uni yet but I really like the vibes of Bristol from what I've seen online and it all seems quite close together even though it's a city uni rather than a campus. Also seems like good sport opportunities... What about you?

That was me don't worry the real thing is usually a lot better. For VR passages were long but u just gotta scan for key words! Yeah I don't plan to apply for any bmat ones tho I'm sure if u applied for like Cardiff or Birmingham you'd be guaranteed an interview

Yup societies look amazing what sports were u looking at?

I haven't been to the uni but I have been to the city and I get the same "vibes" it's definitely my top choice but it's one of the most competitive med schools!
Who is going to to the Open Day on Sat 9 Sept?
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/opendays/
Reply 8
That was me don't worry the real thing is usually a lot better. For VR passages were long but u just gotta scan for key words! Yeah I don't plan to apply for any bmat ones tho I'm sure if u applied for like Cardiff or Birmingham you'd be guaranteed an interview

Yup societies look amazing what sports were u looking at?

I haven't been to the uni but I have been to the city and I get the same "vibes" it's definitely my top choice but it's one of the most competitive med schools!

Thanks for the tips:h: So worried for it lol - should probs get off of TSR and revise... And swimming and I'd like to do martial arts. Wbu? And yeah it's a nice city - shame it's so competitive!:redface:
Original post by Edosawr
Thanks for the tips:h: So worried for it lol - should probs get off of TSR and revise... And swimming and I'd like to do martial arts. Wbu? And yeah it's a nice city - shame it's so competitive!:redface:

Hoping to do Rugby and athletics(not sure if they do) but their german society looks so good and weirdly enough the law mock trial!
Let me know how you do in UKCAT
Hoping to do Rugby and athletics(not sure if they do) but their german society looks so good and weirdly enough the law mock trial!
Let me know how you do in UKCAT

Oh cool sounds fun. Will do! I think I've just had enough now. I'm gonna watch bake off tonight and have a lie in tomorrow and just read over some notes. Let's hope everything goes alright eh.

But yeah Bristol for me is a real contender atm. The only thing that's making me a bit meh is that it's not campus but after having said that it doesn't really matter too much after first year cos you live further away from the campus/uni bit anyways.:smile:
[QUOTE="Edosawr;73504448"]Oh cool sounds fun. Will do! I think I've just had enough now. I'm gonna watch bake off tonight and have a lie in tomorrow and just read over some notes. Let's hope everything goes alright eh.

But yeah Bristol for me is a real contender atm. The only thing that's making me a bit meh is that it's not campus but after having said that it doesn't really matter too much after first year cos you live further away from the campus/uni bit anyways.:smile:[/QUOTE
Are you definitely applying here? I hear keele is a pretty ogood campus uni. I'm not too bothered bout campus I think i like Bristol cause there'll always be stuff going on. App bake off was really bad ahaha.
(edited 6 years ago)
[QUOTE="ScienceFantatic;73524558"]
Original post by Edosawr
Oh cool sounds fun. Will do! I think I've just had enough now. I'm gonna watch bake off tonight and have a lie in tomorrow and just read over some notes. Let's hope everything goes alright eh.

But yeah Bristol for me is a real contender atm. The only thing that's making me a bit meh is that it's not campus but after having said that it doesn't really matter too much after first year cos you live further away from the campus/uni bit anyways.:smile:[/QUOTE
Are you definitely applying here? I hear keele is a pretty ogood campus uni. I'm not too bothered bout campus I think i like Bristol cause there'll always be stuff going on. App bake off was really bad ahaha.

I think I will apply! And same it just looks so lively and everything! I liked bake off noooo! Also I got 702.5 avg in my UKCAT today:h:
[QUOTE="Edosawr;73524692"]

I think I will apply! And same it just looks so lively and everything! I liked bake off noooo! Also I got 702.5 avg in my UKCAT today:h:

That's amazing are u going to the open day? You'll be a strong candidate for sure. Seems like we're the only ones applying anyway
[QUOTE="ScienceFantatic;73525412"]
Original post by Edosawr

That's amazing are u going to the open day? You'll be a strong candidate for sure. Seems like we're the only ones applying anyway

Yep I am going are you? And hopefully - we'll defo get an interview if it's just us two:tongue:
[QUOTE="Edosawr;73526502"]

Yep I am going are you? And hopefully - we'll defo get an interview if it's just us two:tongue:

Probably their admissions process confuses hell out of me especially how they give points to ukcat
Reply 16
Feel a bit late to the convo, but I am thinking of applying! My GCSES are 3A*s 2As and 4Bs (not a very good school for GCSEs) and a ukact of 675 band 2 so I feel my stats are weak... I got 4As at AS and think I may get A*A*A*A predictions but bristol don't weigh that too heavily :frown: . What things have you guys got for PS and where else are you thinking? :smile:
Original post by RMARL
Feel a bit late to the convo, but I am thinking of applying! My GCSES are 3A*s 2As and 4Bs (not a very good school for GCSEs) and a ukact of 675 band 2 so I feel my stats are weak... I got 4As at AS and think I may get A*A*A*A predictions but bristol don't weigh that too heavily :frown: . What things have you guys got for PS and where else are you thinking? :smile:

For my PS I have like gp, hospital, care home like the basics but honestly not much for extra curricular so worried

have like debating, acting and a few sports but dunno what classifies as a 'range of interests'

Your UKCAT is really good so if you're worried about Bristol there are probably quite a few unis you could apply for without th risk, ie exeter, plymouth, st georges, southampton, aberdeen. You'd probably get interviews there easy.

But if you really like Bristol it's probably worth the risk!
Reply 18
For my PS I have like gp, hospital, care home like the basics but honestly not much for extra curricular so worried

have like debating, acting and a few sports but dunno what classifies as a 'range of interests'

Your UKCAT is really good so if you're worried about Bristol there are probably quite a few unis you could apply for without th risk, ie exeter, plymouth, st georges, southampton, aberdeen. You'd probably get interviews there easy.

But if you really like Bristol it's probably worth the risk!

I've pretty much got the same amount extracurricular wise.
And I am considering exeter, SGUL and plymouth :smile: Aberdeen is a bit far for me personally but I know it's a good one. Thank you though, and good luck with your application! :smile:
Hey, does Bristol accept applicants from foundation courses? For example, if I took a foundation course at King's can I apply for med at Bristol and have a chance?

Latest

Trending

Trending