The Student Room Group

My Learning Journey - Part III

Part III of my GYG blog is here!

For those of you who've followed my previous thread (which is here), you'll know that I am currently undertaking an Apprenticeship but I've always had a desire to do A-levels.

I tried this last year, and found that everything was a bit disjointed; I was still getting used to a change of scenery and probably took on too much at the time.

This year: it's different! I know how the Apprenticeship works and I know the amount of free time I'll have available. Therefore - I'm trying it all over again! And this time I'll have a more structured thread for you all to follow.

The second year of my Apprenticeship has already started. There was no summer holiday to separate the two, we just had to jump straight in!

In my Apprenticeship, I will complete a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering and within this there are some overlaps with the subjects I'd like to do as A-levels. These are Maths, FM, Chemistry, Physics and possibly Economics.

I know there are a lot there, but I have no plan to complete them all within the same time frame as a college student, as I only want to do them for my own gain, rather than a university place or anything (but who knows…)

If you'd like to follow my thread and get tagged in major updates, let me know (I'd love you to) and I'll add you to the tag list.

GCSE results

Spoiler

Tag list
Just tagging people from my previous journeys and those who I think may be interested:

Spoiler

There's been a surge of people creating these threads and including tag lists, so I know a lot of you will probably be inundated with notifications. If you don't want tagging in future posts, just let me know and I can modify this! Or if you'd like to be involved, just give us a shout! :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

A quick one from me as I am currently revising - good luck and I can't wait to see your progress :smile:

Now back to genetics I go!
Original post by Mac117
A quick one from me as I am currently revising - good luck and I can't wait to see your progress :smile:

Now back to genetics I go!

Thank you Mac! Appreciate it.

Hope you have a productive day and I'll leave you to revise genetics! :h:
Ooooooooo yay! Can't wait to read this!! :smile:
Wahooooooo!! Can't wait to follow this, definitely keep me in that tag list :tongue:

Good luck for this year! :hugs:

Spoiler

Original post by lilacpotato
Ooooooooo yay! Can't wait to read this!! :smile:

Thank you! Will you be making one this year? :h:
Hey, this is awesome! Definitely keep me tagged and wishing you heaps of luck x :hugs:
Original post by Protostar
Wahooooooo!! Can't wait to follow this, definitely keep me in that tag list :tongue:

Good luck for this year! :hugs:

Spoiler

Thanks Niamh! I'll keep you tagged :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by Batgirl98
Hey, this is awesome! Definitely keep me tagged and wishing you heaps of luck x :hugs:

Thank you! :h:

Good luck with yours too - I'll keep checking in on your thread :smile: x
Original post by brainzistheword
Thank you! Will you be making one this year? :h:

I'm still thinking about it! If I don't now, I might later in the term 😊I'm still doing my college summer work ugh 😂
I'm still thinking about it! If I don't now, I might later in the term 😊I'm still doing my college summer work ugh 😂

Ah I see. You definitely should do at some point!

If you do, make sure you tag me in it :wink:
Ah I see. You definitely should do at some point!

If you do, make sure you tag me in it :wink:

Will do! When are you planning to do your studies?
Will do! When are you planning to do your studies?

As in start studying or sit the exams?

With any luck, I should have the first real update this coming week though there might not be much detail to add :colondollar:
Good luck :h:
Original post by _gcx
Good luck :h:

Thank you :h:

Spoiler

Thank you :h:

Spoiler

Sure :h:
Original post by _gcx
Sure :h:

Thanks! I'll add you now :h:
Wooo !!!Cant' wait to start reading :biggrin:
Original post by nisha.sri
Wooo !!!Cant' wait to start reading :biggrin:

Thanks Nisha! Are you going to be making one for the upcoming year? :smile:
Thanks Nisha! Are you going to be making one for the upcoming year? :smile:

No worries :smile: Well, I wasn't able to keep up with the one i made last year so I don't think I will. Also the amount of workload in year 13 :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending