The Student Room Group

How much revision should I be doing for A levels through out the year?

I'm starting year 12 in a couple days now and the subjects I will be taking are Maths, Biology and Physics. I'm aiming for AAA since that's what the course I want to take at university requires. How much revision should I be doing after school for these subjects? Should I just use my free periods for homework or doing more revision then?
Original post by hlep
I'm starting year 12 in a couple days now and the subjects I will be taking are Maths, Biology and Physics. I'm aiming for AAA since that's what the course I want to take at university requires. How much revision should I be doing after school for these subjects? Should I just use my free periods for homework or doing more revision then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjEHGgvCViQ

-- 1 hour a day equiv to 7 hours a week -- for maths, this video would guide you how to revise for maths I'm doing it.
I don't really know. It really depends on what you've done during ur revision. If u revise inefficiently, it'll take longer for you to absorb and understand all of the content. I wouldn't concentrate on how long u revise, but how much content you've covered during your revision session and whether or not you understand and remember that content you've covered. Look at the specification to make sure you understand everything before you walk into the exam. Do past papers.
Studying during your free periods is a must - don't treat them as a break and lounge around chatting. And then maybe an hour when you get home, maybe 2 depending on how you feel. Don't forget to revise on the weekends too :smile: I'm going into year 12 in a couple of days too, good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by hlep

What I would recommend you do is use your frees to make revision notes as you go along and then revise using them when you can. Things will be much easer for you if you make your revision notes as you go along.

Quick Reply

Latest