The Student Room Group

Going from dating to a relationship

Known each other just over a month and been seeing each other for about 3 weeks... is it too early to have the talk about becoming boyfriend and girlfriend?

I'm starting to develop feelings for him, he seems interested in me but hasn't really said anything to me about how he feels.. I know 3 weeks is short though.

Should I talk to him about it or wait a bit longer? Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Known each other just over a month and been seeing each other for about 3 weeks... is it too early to have the talk about becoming boyfriend and girlfriend?

I'm starting to develop feelings for him, he seems interested in me but hasn't really said anything to me about how he feels.. I know 3 weeks is short though.

If he seems really interested then I don't see the harm in asking where it's going
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply :smile: I dont' know if he seems *really* interested, but yeah he texts a lot, he's normally happy to meet up and not only interested in having sex, he seems affectionate with me.. but yeah I'm just worried that it's too early and I might scare him off :s-smilie: I'll have to try though !

He might just want to take things at a slower pace. There is nothing wrong with that. Some people want to take their time deciding on whether they want to enter into a relationship or not? Have you guys touched each other, stuff like holding hands etc?
Reply 4
Yeah maybe that's it :smile: Which is fine, but hopefully he will want the same thing as me :smile: We've slept together twice now, and we've held hands, cuddled etc. and when he sees me he or says goodbye he always kisses me, so I don't know if that's a good sign or not !
Thanks for the reply :smile: I dont' know if he seems *really* interested, but yeah he texts a lot, he's normally happy to meet up and not only interested in having sex, he seems affectionate with me.. but yeah I'm just worried that it's too early and I might scare him off :s-smilie: I'll have to try though !

Well if he's not just interested in sex and likes meeting up with you i think that could be a good sign.
Reply 6
Oh I hope so, thank you :smile:
It's up to you really. I asked my boyfriend if we were in a relationship after about two months of dating, he said that he assumed we were already an item after our first date. I've asked other guys in the past and the last two kinda said "we'll see how it goes" and we took it from there. You won't really know until you ask.
Reply 8
Ah ok that's cool then :smile: My friends are saying that I need to wait for him to ask me.. but maybe he won't haha.. anyway I'm gonna try and pluck up the courage to ask him tonight :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest