The Student Room Group

Why aren't more people worried?

There's meant to be thousands of possible terror suspects/islamists on a watch list. All across Europe.

If we get through all that (possible terrorist attacks for the next few decades) we have to look forward to a future (maybe 2050) europe that is probably muslim majority. With that, will presumably come islamic law.

So yeah, I am worried right now. The future looks bleak.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

there's no point worrying about things you can't help, there are endless possibilities of things that could go wrong just breathe
Original post by worriedbrit
There's meant to be thousands of possible terror suspects/islamists on a watch list. All across Europe.

If we get through all that (possible terrorist attacks for the next few decades) we have to look forward to a future (maybe 2050) europe that is probably muslim majority. With that, will presumably come islamic law.

Going to be lots of Muslamics with their Iraqi law coming in with their Muslamic ray guns!

[video="youtube;kjuNuqIev8M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjuNuqIev8M[/video]

In all seriousness, I have faith in the security services to protect us. Like @Out_of_the_Blue says, this is completely out of the hands of ordinary folk like you and me. I am worried about terrorism and the future of Europe, don't get me wrong.
Reply 3
Original post by Out_of_the_Blue
there's no point worrying about things you can't help, there are endless possibilities of things that could go wrong just breathe

yeah I guess, just think the future looks bleak rn
Original post by Blue_Cow
Going to be lots of Muslamics with their Iraqi law coming in with their Muslamic ray guns!

In all seriousness, I have faith in the security services to protect us. Like @Out_of_the_Blue says, this is completely out of the hands of ordinary folk like you and me.

yeah hopefully security services are going to be on point.

btw people can't accuse me of fear mongering though, this was someone who works for the government who said this.
I try not to think about it. I'm going to Berlin in October, when there's a big event going on with large crowds, and yes I've had the thought that there could be a terror attack, but I don't let it bother me. If you spend your whole life worrying, then the terrorists are succeeding. I really doubt Islamic law will be in place in Europe by 2050.
Because you're, very literally, more likely to be killed by cows.
Original post by furiousmushroom
Because you're, very literally, more likely to be killed by cows.

Cows can be terrifying so I can understand that
Reply 7
Original post by LlamaLikeEllie
I try not to think about it. I'm going to Berlin in October, when there's a big event going on with large crowds, and yes I've had the thought that there could be a terror attack, but I don't let it bother me. If you spend your whole life worrying, then the terrorists are succeeding. I really doubt Islamic law will be in place in Europe by 2050.

yeah guess that's the best attitude to have.

I said the islamic law thing because - muslims have high birth rates/plus refugee crisis/higher immigration - it looks likely that Europe will be muslim majority by 2050, maybe later. They'd implement islamic law.

I didn't use to believe this, but I hear it a lot now, so it's at least a possibility.

I said the islamic law thing because - muslims have high birth rates/plus refugee crisis/higher immigration - it looks likely that Europe will be muslim majority by 2050, maybe later. They'd implement islamic law.

I didn't use to believe this, but I hear it a lot now, so it's at least a possibility.

I think that by then, there will be an end to all the mass-migration. How would they have the power to implement it anyway?

To be honest I am more worried about muslim countries that are getting bombed on a daily basis. There is no media coverage if anything it points back to Muslims being classed as terrorists even if an ordinary man or women who is of the islamic faith just walks out their house with islamic clothing on. it's ridiculous. I am not condemning the terrorists action what I am saying is their is two sides to a coin. Look at Burma for instance. What did these individuals do to us? To anyone in fact?
Original post by LlamaLikeEllie
I think that by then, there will be an end to all the mass-migration. How would they have the power to implement it anyway?

Because they'd vote for it.

2050 is in our life time - I doubt it will get to this.

The fertility gap will close over time. I highly doubt the birth rate of those within the Islamic faith will remain this high compared to "native"/non-Muslim if that's the correct phrase to use.
Terrorists want us to be scared and they want us to be terrified about going out and doing everyday things. Don't give them the satisfaction. They won't win.
I'm not worried because I have way more chances of dying a thousand different ways than being killed by a terrorist.

As for the Muslim majority thing, that won't ever realistically happen. As long as the people in charge of the militaries and governments are pro democracy then democracy is what we'll have.

Even Indonesia which has the most Muslims of any nation and is 87.6% Muslim doesn't use Islamic law, they are a democratic country. In fact according to the Democracy index Indonesia ranks higher than Poland and Croatia.

I honestly don't think we have anything to worry about, living a life of fear is giving the terrorist what they want and you're just going to be miserable and afraid for no reason.

Just out of curiosity do you feel the same way about crossing a road and getting hit by a car or getting electrocuted when plugging in an electronic device? Irrational fear isn't healthy.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Out_of_the_Blue

There are things we can do.

Restrict immigration to first world countries and vote for blanket surveillance on our Muslim population like Japan.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/muslims-japan-government-surveillance-top-court-green-lit-islamaphobia-a7109761.html
Original post by r3035
There are things we can do.

Restrict immigration to first world countries and vote for blanket surveillance on our Muslim population like Japan.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/muslims-japan-government-surveillance-top-court-green-lit-islamaphobia-a7109761.html

That's utterly ridiculous. It's completely inappropriate and outright discriminatory to target a specific group of people and subject them to mass surveillance simply because of their religion.

*edit* Just read the article and it seems the Japanese government were successfully sued and the Muslim plaintiffs were awarded $880,000 in compensation for violation of their privacy.
(edited 6 years ago)

In case you didn't realise there are 1.6 billion Muslims, and like maybe 20k are radical brainwashed nutjobs. A much bigger threat is the White Nationalist Movement which is really Facism, I'd be more worried about the White Nutjobs in your country than the refugees who are fleeing a warzone.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 17
Don't worry, Elon Musk will be transporting the intelligent people of earth to other planets so we can get away from the disease that is of course, religion.
Reply 18

I used to be fairly worried ...but i'm so used to hearing about terrorists attacks now that i've just sorta accepted it as a part of life living in a western country ...and that if i get taken out, i get taken out .... that's life at the end of the day, it's not all a bed of roses. Worrying constantly isn't going to make the threat go away

I shall not live in constant in fear

[statistically the chances of getting caught up in one or killed are small, so I remind myself of that as well]
Original post by M4cc4n4
In case you didn't realise there are 2.1 billion Muslims, and like maybe 20k are radical brainwashed nutjobs. A much bigger threat is the White Nationalist Movement which is really Facism, I'd be more worried about the White Nutjobs in your country than the refugees who are fleeing a warzone.

There is actually 1.8 million Muslims. Please research you're facts before writing.

Quick Reply

Latest