The Student Room Group

Pokemon Go, I see where this is going....

Tesco and other big brands are going to pay Ninty to allow super rare pokemon to appear in their shops.

Also a specific law should be brought in. Any forming of virtual gaming cannot in any way endanger the public. If a pikachu appears on the M5, or near a runway then this is a breach of said law. This is common sense, but..................

What Nintendo will also do is introduce incredibly powerful pokemon that can only be downloaded via a USB attachment to Curiosity (NASA deal to increase funding?)....in other words you have to go to Mars. You also have to land where Curiosity did, unless they can arrange some sort of connection with the odd satellite that orbits Mars. SPACE POKEMON lol! New type n all!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The first one is actually a really good business idea :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
*goes back to bed* :getmecoat:
Why would the owner of tesco put rare pokemons in his shop but not his house
Original post by Youngmillionare
Why would the owner of tesco put rare pokemons in his shop but not his house

Asking the real questions.

I spent like 3 hours looking for a decent Pokemon but I only found a Psyduck. I need to head to London at some point and spend the day there I think :frown:
Reply 5
Extend the lucky egg or Incense timer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGE1xUBi1QE
Reply 6
Original post by 78087985
Extend the lucky egg or Incense timer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGE1xUBi1QE

It works but also prevents you from collecting from PokeStops and delays new pokemon spawns. I know because I was with a few guys today, I set the time back by 10 mins and only saw Pokemon 10 mins after they did. I reckon the game uses a timestamp to record spawns and PokeStop collection times to calculate the next instance.

So pretty useless, though you could potentially set the time back to catch a rare pokemon that disappeared from their timer expiring

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Asking the real questions.

I spent like 3 hours looking for a decent Pokemon but I only found a Psyduck. I need to head to London at some point and spend the day there I think :frown:

I went london today got nothing besides the standard Rattata, Spearrow, Drwozee etc.

I learnt tho that as you level up the pokemon get stronger and i think better
I wouldn't think that Tesco would really make much more money or even profit that much from paying Niantic. People would just walk into the store and hang around there for a while, waiting for rare Pokemon without purchasing any of Tesco's products...

But yes I do agree that some people are being really stupid while playing the game and get themselves into trouble. Some people even play it while driving which is unacceptable.
(edited 7 years ago)
The best avenue of business for Niantic with regards to sponsors would be restaurants; they're the only outlet that people will go to chill out and whatnot, and still be able to play the game. No one's going to go to a dry cleaners' just because there are Pokemon, and even if they do, the owner won't collect any money because they won't be using the services of the dry cleaners'.

That's why source code has found that McDonalds Japan are sponsoring Niantic to turn all of their restaurants into PokeStops and Pokemon Gyms. Good business strategy ngl.

Also, in regards to the OP, we have a 'no phones whilst driving' law. This additional law is therefore un-required. Going onto a runway would be trespassing. There's no need to make up a new law just because of this game.

The other thing is completely ridiculous, unless it's somehow possible that in the lifespan of the game, loads of us have moved to Mars.
There's already talks of branded pokestops (Mcdonalds being an obvious choice) That said, many pubs are pokestops already, which makes sitting getting drunk and luring them a nice relaxing hunt.
Pokemon Go Away.
Original post by SuperHuman98
I went london today got nothing besides the standard Rattata, Spearrow, Drwozee etc.

I learnt tho that as you level up the pokemon get stronger and i think better

It's gotten to the point now where I'm so sick of seeing rattatas and pidgeys ( worth 132cp or 10 ) that I welcome the Nobel Drowzee, feels like it's rare. :smile:

And same, I was going around Edinburgh and the rarest Pokemon I saw was a Gastly. :angry: I'm wasting a lot of pokéballs on rubbish Pokemon just for the sake of it. :frown:

And OP, Edinburgh zoo had a free Pokemon go night a few nights ago, I think it's clever marketing really, getting people to go to the zoo and catch Pokemon? Hopefully non show up in the tiger inclosure though! :colondollar:
And it's such a new technology that laws haven't been put into place, there certainly shouldn't be rare Pokemon on the M6 or A1, lot of people drive with their kids or whatever and they're like STOP there is a rare Pokemon there but you can't stop when you're driving. Even worse some people play while driving. It's dangerous. :redface:
Sit on your arse vs go meet some people?

Treat it like a fitness app with some nostalgia built in and you get some fun out of it.
Reply 14
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
*goes back to bed* :getmecoat:

forum SLAP!
Original post by Laomedeia
forum SLAP!

Really, after over a year? Your prediction never came true, companies did not pay for rare Pokemon to appear in their shops. It was a ridiculous idea.
Does anyone play it now?
Original post by YaliaV
Does anyone play it now?

Considering it's making more profit now than last year, obviously yes.
Reply 18
I do. Its called a Nintendo Gamecube. Not only am I still alive, but the Gamecube still works too!

Nintendo hasnt made a standard games consoles since! Altho I knock it, the move has worked out well enough for Nintendo. Altho if Ninty continued on the standard "games console" route, they would have gone out of business. This is because their Mario games have turned to schite. Super Mario 64 vs Mario Sunshine for example. Double Dash was utter trash. Resident Evil does its fans no favours either. Its all COD nowadays and Ninty doesnt seem into that. I guess they had to come up with something different. I disagree, but its an excellent different nonetheless.

SSBM tho was excellent. I still play it, excellent game to play while ****ed AF.
Original post by Laomedeia
while pissed AF.

Presumably this is the state you're in now, as you revived your thread after more than an entire year.

Quick Reply

Latest