The Student Room Group

Psychology vs Economics (A level)

Which one...
Well, what are your other subjects? What do you want to do at university/ as a career? Which do you enjoy most? Off the top of my head, economics is more valued tha Psychology by some of the top universities, but it all depends on what you want to do:smile:

By the way, I'm taking both for A level at the moment
Reply 2
Original post by Queenie123
Well, what are your other subjects? What do you want to do at university/ as a career? Which do you enjoy most? Off the top of my head, economics is more valued tha Psychology by some of the top universities, but it all depends on what you want to do:smile:

By the way, I'm taking both for A level at the moment

My other subjects are Maths, Geography and Poltics. I don't know what I want to do for a degree or career. Which do you enjoy more? Which do you find easier? Also, is economics an essay based subject? Thanks
Original post by Jake2109
My other subjects are Maths, Geography and Poltics. I don't know what I want to do for a degree or career. Which do you enjoy more? Which do you find easier? Also, is economics an essay based subject? Thanks

I like Psychology more, and I find it easier. Both economics and psychology are essay-based. I suggest reading both specifications -do you know which exam board you will be doing?- and choosing the one that you like the sound of the most:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Queenie123
I like Psychology more, and I find it easier. Both economics and psychology are essay-based. I suggest reading both specifications -do you know which exam board you will be doing?- and choosing the one that you like the sound of the most:smile:

Economics A - Edexcel
Psychology - AQA

I just can't decide between them :/
Well, I can't tell you what to do:smile: Maybe you could speak with someone at your school? Also, one of the most important things is the teachers: if you don't like the teacher, you'll like the subject less, so maye you should talk to your economics and psychology teachers?
Reply 6
psychology for suree but it is really hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Edexcel is one of the hardest exam boards for Economics (if you don't know what you're doing) but Maths and Politics will help a LOT when it comes to Economics and Economics will help you improve in politics too. I'd say Econ.

Quick Reply

Latest