Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
These are my AS RESULT (UMS marks)
*Core Mathematics 1- 67 C
* Core Mathematics 2- 58 D
* Statistics 1- 60 C

What modules should I resit, i don't want to resit the whole year?? I am so disappointed, I worked hard.... I guess not hard enough....
TehFen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MerkyM)
* Statistics 1- 60 C

What modules should I resit, i don't want to resit the whole year?? I am so disappointed, I worked hard.... I guess not hard enough....
I also got a C in AS maths and it went to an A* the next year thanks to retakes so don't worry

I think you should resit c1 and c2, as they are kind of related to the other core modules, so you should remember the content. You could resit statistics, but this may add more of a workload.

I was able to get by with a 60 in my D1.
Mikasadoge
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
To be honest, it'd probably be in your best interest to resit all, providing that you can handle the work load. If you start early it's easily doable. If not, resit your core modules, I guess they matter more than applied modules since they vary between candidates.
black1blade
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Resitting c1 and 2 would be for the best. You need a total for 480 to get an A so if you didn't resit s1 then over the 5 exams next year you would have to average 84 ums and for B you would have to average 72. C1 and 2 are quite easy compared to c3 and 4 so once you've studied those everything in c1-2 should be second nature and you should aim to get very high scores in them next time round. It definitely is doable, people in my class have gone from Ds to As.
Jasaron
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
* Statistics 1- 60 C

Resit all three. If you can choose one, do C2. If you can choose 2, do S1 too. S1 is the easiest maths module in my opinion.
Mr M
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
* Statistics 1- 60 C

You shouldn't need to revise anything for a Core 1 resit and you wouldn't need to revise much for a Core 2 resit. Most of the topics appear again in Core 3 and Core 4 so you won't have forgotten them. I'd say definitely resit both.
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
* Statistics 1- 60 C

Check when the exams are and how close they are to your other exams. I think C1 and C2 - which other applied module are you sitting?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.34%
No (317)
75.66%

Watched Threads