The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

But they're too young to have serious political opinions!!!!!!!!!!11!!!11!!!111!11
Are young people more conservative because they are seeing the effects of mass migration or because a lot are the product of migration?

Muslims are overrepresented in generation Z relative to other population groups (1/3 Of UK Muslims are under 16). Of course such a group is going to be more socially conservative.
Experts think teens 'don't have enough time' to engage in 'risky activity'

Wtf do these 'experts' think teens do nowadays?
Original post by calluhm
Opinions? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3790614/They-don-t-like-drugs-gay-marriage-HATE-tattoos-Generation-Z-conservative-WW2.html

I personally think our generation is accepting with LGBT but is getting sick of the left pushing its view points through the media. I also believe our generation (Generation Z) is seeing the effects of mass migration on Europe and this will lead to us being more conservative/holding stronger migration values compared to millennials.

I would agree if it were not for the Blairite indoctrination by the education system, where any other democratically held view is demonised.
Reply 5
Original post by calluhm
Opinions? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3790614/They-don-t-like-drugs-gay-marriage-HATE-tattoos-Generation-Z-conservative-WW2.html

I personally think our generation is accepting with LGBT but is getting sick of the left pushing its view points through the media. I also believe our generation (Generation Z) is seeing the effects of mass migration on Europe and this will lead to us being more conservative/holding stronger migration values compared to millennials.

I'd agree.

Growing up through the recession in a stricter education system to seemingly fewer job prospects and a distant housing market IMO naturally increases entrepreneurial, economic independence-motivated thought; where - ideology aside - we're perhaps, more likely to favour lower taxes etc. Obvs it's not all black and white: it's just where I'd assume the case to be tbh. Plus no one can speak for an entire generation here.

I agree that we're generally more liberal socially than previous generations at the same time tho. Maybe it's due to more awareness and exposure of these issues?
What years can you be born in to be a millennial? I've never heard of generation Z
Reply 7
Original post by Reece.W.J
What years can you be born in to be a millennial? I've never heard of generation Z

1995 - 2012 (roughly) to my knowledge
Original post by George32

What's this generation Z then ?

Different sources say different things. I was born on '96 and I identify as a millennial.

However alot of sources seem to say that Gen Z starts around year 2000
Original post by daniel_floyd_
Different sources say different things. I was born on '96 and I identify as a millennial.

People actually self-identify as millennials?

I thought it was just a lazy phrase developed by sociologists and people who work in marketing.
Original post by daniel_floyd_

Yeah I agree, the Gen Y/Z borders seem pretty blurred tbh

I tend to see around mid-90s to early 2000's generally too
Reply 12
Original post by james813
I would agree if it were not for the Blairite indoctrination by the education system, where any other democratically held view is demonised.

People in my school make fun of those teachers and anyone who is basically a SJW.
Reply 13
Yeah I agree, the Gen Y/Z borders seem pretty blurred tbh

I tend to see around mid-90s to early 2000's generally too

I believe it's 1998-2012
Reply 14
Original post by Quantex
People actually self-identify as millennials?

I thought it was just a lazy phrase developed by sociologists and people who work in marketing.

Many people do, it's a great way to tell if someone is likely to blow up at the idea of Brexit.
Reply 15
Original post by RivalPlayer
No, far from it. Flicking through an evening's worth of British television will tell you that.

Really? Many in my school ridicule anything to do with feminism or SJW's and call them feminazi's... Tons of girls do too.
Reply 16
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Wtf do these 'experts' think teens do nowadays?

My exact thought on that point tbh...
Reply 17
Original post by Reece.W.J
What's this generation Z then ?

What are they going to find for the next generation? "Generation AA"?

A bit silly to start at Generation X. Sociologists... :rolleyes:

To be clear, its usually accepted millennials, or Gen Y, were born between the early 80's up until the mid 90's. Gen Z is usually considered from mid 90's onwards. Gen Z are interesting as they are the first generation to grow up in a fully digital world, whereas some millenials and older generations did not grow up in a world with smartphones and the internet. The impact it will have on Gen Z is certainly interesting but it's too early to tell.

http://socialmarketing.org/archives/generations-xy-z-and-the-others/
(edited 6 years ago)
Gen Z here, I'm conservative on most issues, AMA

Latest

Trending

Trending