The Student Room Group

Cant get into any sixth forms

dont worry
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by unknown2024
I did really bad in my gcses and i want to go to my sixth form sooooooo bad, they accepted me at first but they changed their mind. I have to go to a college now but i really do not want to go, please help me if you can, or have any ideas how to get back in:frown:

What were your gcses? I'm sure they're not that bad :smile:
first of all, what were your gcses? x i am sure that you will be able to find another college that will accept you, but you may have to change your course if you do not meet the requirements.

if you are unable to do that then you will probably need to resit your gcses which you can do in january. you could take a year out to do this or resit gcses via a college.
Reply 3
Original post by Batgirl98
What were your gcses? I'm sure they're not that bad :smile:

i got 3Cs..... so yes i did very badly, not even exaggerating this time

No wonder. You need like 5/6 to go to a 6th form and then preferably a B in each subject you want to do

Have you considered taking a one-year course to build up your Level 2 qualifications so you can apply to Sixth Form next year?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
No wonder. You need like 5/6 to go to a 6th form and then preferably a B in each subject you want to do

I only needed 5Cs to get into my subjects, and the two gcses i didnt get, i was only 4 marks off a C, and in the other i was 8 marks off, such bad luck :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by Mr M
Have you considered taking a one-year course to build up your Level 2 qualifications so you can apply to Sixth Form next year?

Im not up for that.. luckily at the college i got accepted in, theyre allowing me to go straight into level 3 so I wont have to be a year behind

you do need to resit your gcses then to get higher grades x
Reply 9
Original post by ?Hannah?
first of all, what were your gcses? x i am sure that you will be able to find another college that will accept you, but you may have to change your course if you do not meet the requirements.

if you are unable to do that then you will probably need to resit your gcses which you can do in january. you could take a year out to do this or resit gcses via a college.

I got Cs and a merit, the college I got accepted in, doesnt do any resits for subjects other than maths and english:frown:((
Eek, that's definitely a tough situation.
Honestly, the most likely choice is to do a Level 2 course at College which takes 1 year before proceeding onto a Level 3 course for another 2 years.

Depending on what you want to do, this is not that bad. You can easily get great grade on a BTEC at College and proceed to a great University (As long as you dont want Oxford or Cambridge).

What are the reasons for wanting to go to Sixth Form so bad?
I have been and still am at College and would choose it over Sixth Form in most circumstances. The 3 days a week mean you have plenty of time to complete any coursework as well as hold a weekend job if you want. An Extended Diploma is equivalent to 3 A Levels which is likely what you would complete at Sixth Form with Distinction* being equivalent to A/A*'s in UCAS points.
(edited 6 years ago)
I got Cs and a merit, the college I got accepted in, doesnt do any resits for subjects other than maths and english:frown:((

couldn't you possibly do a btec? if you have C grades in maths and english then they should allow you to do a btec course x
Im not up for that.. luckily at the college i got accepted in, theyre allowing me to go straight into level 3 so I wont have to be a year behind

It's not a race. The goal is to obtain the best outcomes.
Original post by ?Hannah?
couldn't you possibly do a btec? if you have C grades in maths and english then they should allow you to do a btec course x

yeah they were allowing me at first and asked me to choose options but changed their mind after:frown:((, they offer two btec courses which i wouldnt of minded taking
Original post by GamingAnonymous
Eek, that's definitely a tough situation.
Honestly, the most likely choice is to do a Level 2 course at College which takes 1 year before proceeding onto a Level 3 course for another 2 years.

Depending on what you want to do, this is not that bad. You can easily get great grade on a BTEC at College and proceed to a great University (As long as you dont want Oxford or Cambridge).

What are the reasons for wanting to go to Sixth Form so bad?
I have been and still am at College and would choose it over Sixth Form in most circumstances. The 3 days a week mean you have plenty of time to complete any coursework as well as hold a weekend job if you want. An Extended Diploma is equivalent to 3 A Levels which is likely what you would complete at Sixth Form with Distinction* being equivalent to A/A*'s in UCAS points.

I can already go straight into level 3 business, and I just much prefer everything at the sixth form, everything is so much better and the college im going to is quite far away and the environment is soooo bad:frown:((((((
yeah they were allowing me at first and asked me to choose options but changed their mind after:frown:((, they offer two btec courses which i wouldnt of minded taking

well why don't you contact another college and ask if you can do a btec course with them? you will have to be quick though as the courses are probably pretty full up by now x

Quick Reply

Latest