The Student Room Group

Tights with shorts - good idea or not?

Scroll to see replies

Least said about that the better!!
i think that they go quite well as i can't really notice them anyway x just wear whatever you feel most comfortable in as that's always the best thing to do x
Original post by TheGalwayGirl
I wouldn't normally but I think it looks fine OP, the only time I've ever done tights with shorts was with black tights though as it went with my maroon DMs. If you feel more confident in tights then go for it! :smile:

Cool, I love DMs too! I either wear those or dolly shoes with some of the 50s-style dresses I'm into. I do feel more confident in tights, sometimes for no other reason than I haven't shaved my legs!!:redface:
Original post by amy14081263
Cool, I love DMs too! I either wear those or dolly shoes with some of the 50s-style dresses I'm into. I do feel more confident in tights, sometimes for no other reason than I haven't shaved my legs!!:redface:

I think the fact I hadn't shaved my legs was a significant factor for wearing black tights tbh..
Original post by TheGalwayGirl
I think the fact I hadn't shaved my legs was a significant factor for wearing black tights tbh..

Ha.. You know how it is, sometimes its just way too much effort! Something men don't appreciate!!
Honestly I can't even tell you're wearing tights - if you want to do it, go for it :smile:
Original post by ?Hannah?
i think that they go quite well as i can't really notice them anyway x just wear whatever you feel most comfortable in as that's always the best thing to do x

Thanx. I don't think you can notice them either, as I try to match nude tights with my skin colour. Don't really want anyone to see them, as long as I know I'm wearing them.

Sometimes they look darker on though when they're not pulled up properly!!:tongue:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by classicsgal
Honestly I can't even tell you're wearing tights - if you want to do it, go for it :smile:

Lolz, which piccy are you referring to?
Lolz, which piccy are you referring to?

The one on holiday! x
Yeah thanx, that was the idea! x
Bad idea. Like much so called fashion.
Lolz, are you an expert then?
I don't think it looks good in my opinion- I used to do the same years ago when everyone seemed to do it but now bare legs are the norm so I don't see why you'd need to wear them? Your legs don't look particularly blemished, and tights under shorts gets too hot at this time of year
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
I don't think it looks good in my opinion- I used to do the same years ago when everyone seemed to do it but now bare legs are the norm so I don't see why you'd need to wear them? Your legs don't look particularly blemished, and tights under shorts gets too hot at this time of year

Okies, but I don't really like bare legs and it's not that warm now. Thanx for saying my legs don't look particularly blemished, but you haven't seen them close up!!

I wear a lot of make up too, as that gives me confidence even though people say I don't need it, and I guess its the same with tights.
If you want to, then go for it. I personally wouldn't just because it reminds me of year 7 where everyone wore tights with bright coloured shorts.
Thanx. It's probably getting a bit too cold for shorts now anyway, so I'll most likely be wearing the tights with my dresses and skirts x
Nude tights with shorts are fine, dark tights with shorts is very 2008. Tights with open-toed shoes is a no-no.
LOLZ, I defo agree with you about the 2008 thing, so true!:biggrin:

I also get you about the open-toed issue. My mistake before was wearing reinforced-toe tights with strappy sandals, rather than ones with a sandal toe.

Also, as another girl said before, the shade was too dark. What do you think of me in these tights, with a different outfit, and my open-toed wedges, which I love, but this time the tights are sandal-toed and only 8 denier (another holiday pic lol)...

I defy anyone being able to tell I'm even wearing tights, and at least they add some colour to my legs, feel comfy and help increase my confidence!!

What do you guys think....

I think it's a waste of time to bother with such "problems".

Or maybe you think it's ok?

Yeap, it's okay.
Original post by PTMalewski
I think it's a waste of time to bother with such "problems".

Typical bloke comment!:unimpressed:

Quick Reply

Latest