The Student Room Group

Are CGP revision guides for Alevel maths worth it?

Are CGP revision guides for Alevel maths worth the buy?

(edit: the exam board I do is AQA)
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Ah I should have mentioned the exam board - AQA
Original post by qwertyuiop786
Are CGP revision guides for Alevel maths worth the buy?

(edit: the exam board I do is AQA)

You don't need a maths revision guide. The only way to revise maths is to do every single past and practice paper that has ever graced this planet.

If you need help on a specific topic, use ExamSolutions.net instead.
Reply 4
Original post by Blue_Cow
You don't need a maths revision guide. The only way to revise maths is to do every single past and practice paper that has ever graced this planet.

If you need help on a specific topic, use ExamSolutions.net instead.

Will there be enough with the new reformed A level do you think?
Original post by number0
Will there be enough with the new reformed A level do you think?

Most likely. The nature of maths exams hardly change. It's all about the practise.
every single past and practice paper that has ever graced this planet

Still, the content and therefore the exam format is changing so therefore one could argue that the exercises in the new revision guides and textbooks are as valuable or more valuable than old-spec past papers
Original post by etothepiiplusone
Still, the content and therefore the exam format is changing so therefore one could argue that the exercises in the new revision guides and textbooks are as valuable or more valuable than old-spec past papers

The endorsed textbooks provide enough questions. Shouldn't have to use a revision guide for them.

Hopefully, Solomon Press and Dr. Madas will create more practice papers for the new A-Level spec.
The endorsed textbooks provide enough questions. Shouldn't have to use a revision guide for them.

Hopefully, Solomon Press and Dr. Madas will create more practice papers for the new A-Level spec.

Ah, thought you were disregarding revision guides and endorsed textbooks, not just revision guides.

On another note, it's so irritating how almost all of the textbooks are yet to be released: https://global.oup.com/education/content/secondary/series/edexcel-alevel-maths/?sortfield=relevance&search_input=&region=uk&view=ProductList&prevNumResPerPage=10&start=20&numResultsPerPage=10 for example :frown:
I'm taking old spec a level maths and use the cgp books and I really like them.

My online tutor has said that the new spec isn't that dissimilar to the old so the old spec should still be relevant

Quick Reply

Latest