The Student Room Group

St Georges GEM no longer accepting 2.2

I've just received an email from St George's to let me know they've updated their academic entry requirements for 2017, and will now be requiring a 2.i and will no longer accept a 2.ii

Undergraduate degreeSubjectAny discipline: BSc, BA, BEng, BBA, MSci, etcGrade2.1 honours minimum(Updated 25/05/2016)

I hope Nottingham won't be heading the same way, as that's a blow to those who've already invested so much time and effort studying for it, etc.
Really. I'm hoping to go into clearing for biomedical science and then transfer for med after graduating. So you have to get a 2.1 or better? Wow I guess there's so much competition.
Reply 2
Nottingham's website still states a 2.2 is acceptable for 2017 entry, but I suppose it's all subject to any changes they want to make whenever. Although Sarb told me after I failed last year that there were no plans to change the entry criteria for 2017, however, it will be interesting to see if SGUL's decision has any influence on Notts.

Glad I decided to go ahead and complete a Masters now, I would be fuming to have wasted so much time on revision for the GAMSAT only to have the opportunity stripped away.
Do you know if SGUL accepts 2.2 with a masters?
Original post by this-unnie
Do you know if SGUL accepts 2.2 with a masters?

They're quite strict on their admissions requirements from what they told me. I would contact their admissions office.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending