The Student Room Group

Bsc Finance at LSE - 2018 Admission

Hi, I would like to get people's view on whether I have a realistic/very good chance at getting an offer at LSE. I have achieved 5A* and 6As at GCSE, studying at a fairly underperforming school. I also have achieved 3A's at AS-Level in Mathematics, Economics and Politics. I will be taking AS Further Maths alongside my A2 and will work hard to achieve the LSE entry requirements for this course of A*(maths)AA with an A in Further Maths. LSE have said further maths is desirable but as a fourth subject only though I haven't done the complete A-Level. Do you think I have a very good chance at getting an offer? Responses are greatly appreciated!
Reply 1
Hi there, I will also for LSE this year and I just started my writing on personal statement, Im an international student got 2 A*s in Eco and Maths 1 a in As physics and currently studying A2 physics and FM. Our teacher told us that FM is quite important actually and could make you more competitive among hundreds of students . And because LSE doesn't have interviews so the PS is super important. So I think you're doing quite well now, just do as best as you can
Original post by 12138
Hi there, I will also for LSE this year and I just started my writing on personal statement, Im an international student got 2 A*s in Eco and Maths 1 a in As physics and currently studying A2 physics and FM. Our teacher told us that FM is quite important actually and could make you more competitive among hundreds of students . And because LSE doesn't have interviews so the PS is super important. So I think you're doing quite well now, just do as best as you can

Hi, may I ask what course you're applying for?

whereabouts are you from by the way? :smile:
Reply 3
Finance or AF
I m from China
Original post by 12138
Finance or AF
I m from China

Hi how old are you by the way? Are u in your gap year?
Reply 5
17now year12
Original post by 12138
17now year12

Ahh ok thanks for your advice. do you think its better i apply for accounting and finance rather than pure finance with my grades and subject combinations? Id prefer finance but i will only be taking AS further maths this year where im aiming to get an A, which i thought was perfect for finance applicants because lse said further maths is desirable but as a 4th subject only so its acceptable to take to AS. Although im hearing that applicants like u are doing 4 full alevels with further maths as a full alevel
Original post by Hello1236969
Ahh ok thanks for your advice. do you think its better i apply for accounting and finance rather than pure finance with my grades and subject combinations? Id prefer finance but i will only be taking AS further maths this year where im aiming to get an A, which i thought was perfect for finance applicants because lse said further maths is desirable but as a 4th subject only so its acceptable to take to AS. Although im hearing that applicants like u are doing 4 full alevels with further maths as a full alevel

If you prefer finance you might have a decent chance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending