The Student Room Group

Anyone around looking at Sept 2018 intake?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by MDouglas
You too :smile:

What branch are you hoping to get into?

Heya, totally missed this at the time. I'm hoping to do Adult Nursing.

I received my letter of enrolment for Kingston College today. Eeeep!! I need to sort my loan out in the next week.

I finally got to start my voluntary position after waiting 8 weeks for my DBS. I was beginning to wonder lol.

I am also revising as i have my functional skills maths exam on Tuesday.

It's all becomming very real now haha.

How's everyone doing?
Reply 41
Original post by Emjai
Heya, totally missed this at the time. I'm hoping to do Adult Nursing.

I received my letter of enrolment for Kingston College today. Eeeep!! I need to sort my loan out in the next week.

I finally got to start my voluntary position after waiting 8 weeks for my DBS. I was beginning to wonder lol.

I am also revising as i have my functional skills maths exam on Tuesday.

It's all becomming very real now haha.

How's everyone doing?

Its all exciting isn't it?

Unfortunately I've had to withdraw my place but I will be there next year I'm not giving up lol :smile:

Best of luck with the course, where are you volunteering?
Its all exciting isn't it?

Unfortunately I've had to withdraw my place but I will be there next year I'm not giving up lol :smile:

Best of luck with the course, where are you volunteering?

:-(. Hope all is ok.

x
Reply 43
Original post by Amy. J S
:-(. Hope all is ok.

x

All is ok thank you just ran into financial problems with sorting the kids out as they finish school around 3 and my course finishes at 5 and after school club was more pricey then I thought so just going to delay and a year and save up and will be good to go next year :smile:

Hope all is well with you? x
All is ok thank you just ran into financial problems with sorting the kids out as they finish school around 3 and my course finishes at 5 and after school club was more pricey then I thought so just going to delay and a year and save up and will be good to go next year :smile:

Hope all is well with you? x

Such a problem with adults returning to education. Far too many of my work Colleagues really struggle with sorting work out around childcare (most have to rely on their parents/friends) never mind going back to study as well!

I'm good thank you. I'm not sure if I told you, but I was worried about how I was going to accommodate College around work. Spoke with my Manager on Wednesday and she said that I could reduce my hours down to part-time. Actually works in her favour as she can open up x2 full-time posts with the reduction in my hours. Just have to let her know my timetable (getting this in two weeks time at a pre-enrolment thing) and she can start the paperwork. So that's a MASSIVE relief as I am settling in so much on the Ward. Such a lovely bunch of people that I didn't want to leave. I had also just applied for a part-time post on another Ward at the Hospital and had got an interview for that. I got told this after I had spoke to my Manager, so I've withdrew my application now.

x
Anyone applied yet? I have and I'm patiently waiting for responses,but working should distract me from being too impatient.
Original post by futurechildnurse
Anyone applied yet? I have and I'm patiently waiting for responses,but working should distract me from being too impatient.

I have sent Tuesday! Fingers crossed!!!!!
Original post by chall1404
I have sent Tuesday! Fingers crossed!!!!!

Ooh well done! Where have you applied for?
Ooh well done! Where have you applied for?

Sunderland and Northumbria for adult nursing. You?
Sunderland and Northumbria for adult nursing. You?

Bournemouth,uwl,Coventry,Southampton,middlesex for child nursing
Bournemouth,uwl,Coventry,Southampton,middlesex for child nursing

Ahhhh that's brilliant! Good luck!
I just hate the waiting game.
I hated when I went to do psychology. And the it again now - just as much!
Ahhhh that's brilliant! Good luck!
I just hate the waiting game.
I hated when I went to do psychology. And the it again now - just as much!

Thank you,good luck to you too! It's my third time applying and I just need a place! I've got everything they want,but during the interview I mess it all up! Luckily I work full time so it's not too bad!!
Thank you,good luck to you too! It's my third time applying and I just need a place! I've got everything they want,but during the interview I mess it all up! Luckily I work full time so it's not too bad!!

How long does it usually take for a reply for the interview?
How long does it usually take for a reply for the interview?

Takes about 4-6 weeks on average in my experience.
Takes about 4-6 weeks on average in my experience.

Is that to get an interview or after?
Is that to get an interview or after?

To get an interview. The longest I've ever had to wait for a decision after the interview was 7 weeks
To get an interview. The longest I've ever had to wait for a decision after the interview was 7 weeks

It's just grim that it's a long process for it all. Literally nothing worse than waiting.
How did the interviews go? Any advice (In hope that I get one)
It's just grim that it's a long process for it all. Literally nothing worse than waiting.
How did the interviews go? Any advice (In hope that I get one)

Just be yourself and don't show your nerves. Make sure you know the role of a nurse like the back of your hand,know some recent healthcare topics,practise maths and English tests.
Just be yourself and don't show your nerves. Make sure you know the role of a nurse like the back of your hand,know some recent healthcare topics,practise maths and English tests.

I'm working in a role which works very closely with a nurse so I hope that bit should be fine!
I hope these interviews go better for you too!
I'm working in a role which works very closely with a nurse so I hope that bit should be fine!
I hope these interviews go better for you too!

Oh right and I'm working on an acute medical ward as a nursing assistant! Thank you so much,I really hope I get there this year! This has been my dream since I was 14 (now 21)!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending