The Student Room Group

If ONE Atheists Can Answer This...

Do Atheists still exist...?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dragon5555
If we came from monkeys why are there still monkeys?

Hahaha you guys are so funny.

Look up evolution & speciation - this will answer it
Original post by 12ksmith
Look up evolution & speciation - this will answer it

Sure, and you read the Quran in a language you understand and you might choose to believe that there is a creator (God/Allah).
Sure, and you read the Quran in a language you understand and you might choose to believe that there is a creator (God/Allah).

Maybe. But I'll still find the same issue with the Quran than I find with the bible. You asked for an atheist to answer your question so I gave you the information to find the answer. I cannot be bothered to fully explain evolution/ speciation when you can just look it up on the internet.
Reply 4

i cant tell if this is a troll or not. but anyway, heres an analogy, if islam stems from muhammad preaching the same thing as jesus, moses, abraham and adam...then why do jews and christians still exist?

the theory of evolution does not say that we descend from monkeys

you should study it : it's quite interesting and convincing

best
Original post by Kav101
i cant tell if this is a troll or not. but anyway, heres an analogy, if islam stems from muhammad preaching the same thing as jesus, moses, abraham and adam...then why do jews and christians still exist?
I descend from my parents: why do my parents still exist ?
You could just as easily counter the question with 'If we came from God, why is there still God?'.

Your arrogance suggests that you've made this merely to have a reaction and not to stimulate conversation.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by mariachi
I descend from my parents: why do my parents still exist ?

Thats kinda my point. i mean there's little point in talking about evolution and speciation to someone who may not be willing to look into it in the first place so i tried to give an analogy which may make sense.

in this analogy the differing religions would be examples of speciation due to environmental factors. despite coming from what is considered the same source.

hence evolution.

People are still asking this question! Didn't you study evolution at school or sth.

So sad we live in the same 🌏 planet.
Original post by that_guy874
You could just as easily counter the question with 'If we came from God, why is there still God?'.

Your arrogance suggests that you've made this merely to have a reaction and not to stimulate conversation.

Nope the two are different.

I am actually a native Arab (Yemen) and an ex Muslim. Maybe if you read Quran with UNDERSTANDING instead of just mumbling you'll also start to think why is it full of violence, nonsense stories and Alot of myths 🤔
Good luck
Original post by that_guy874

Which is probably why you've changed the question to "Do Atheists still exist...?".
Original post by Anonymous
I am actually a native Arab (Yemen) and an ex Muslim. Maybe if you read Quran with UNDERSTANDING instead of just mumbling you'll also start to think why is it full of violence, nonsense stories and Alot of myths 🤔
Good luck

Repent your sins brother

“29. And say: ‘The truth is from your Lord.’ Then whosoever wills, let him believe; and whosoever wills, let him disbelieve. Verily, We have prepared for the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers), a Fire whose walls will be surrounding them (disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah). And if they ask for help (relief, water), they will be granted water like boiling oil, that will scald their faces. Terrible is the drink, and an evil Murtafaq (dwelling, resting place)!
30. Verily, as for those who believed and did righteous deeds, certainly We shall not make the reward of anyone who does his (righteous) deeds in the most perfect manner to be lost.
31. These! For them will be ‘Adn (Eden) Paradise (everlasting Gardens); wherein rivers flow underneath them; therein they will be adorned with bracelets of gold, and they will wear green garments of fine and thick silk. They will recline therein on raised thrones. How good is the reward, and what an excellent Murtafaq (dwelling, resting place)!”
Repent your sins brother

“29. And say: ‘The truth is from your Lord.’ Then whosoever wills, let him believe; and whosoever wills, let him disbelieve. Verily, We have prepared for the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers), a Fire whose walls will be surrounding them (disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah). And if they ask for help (relief, water), they will be granted water like boiling oil, that will scald their faces. Terrible is the drink, and an evil Murtafaq (dwelling, resting place)!
30. Verily, as for those who believed and did righteous deeds, certainly We shall not make the reward of anyone who does his (righteous) deeds in the most perfect manner to be lost.
31. These! For them will be ‘Adn (Eden) Paradise (everlasting Gardens); wherein rivers flow underneath them; therein they will be adorned with bracelets of gold, and they will wear green garments of fine and thick silk. They will recline therein on raised thrones. How good is the reward, and what an excellent Murtafaq (dwelling, resting place)!”

And 29. just proves Anonymous #2's point.
Repent your sins brother

I'm a female + I don't read Quran in English, in fact I don't read it anyways now.
Poor troll attempt.
I'm a female + I don't read Quran in English, in fact I don't read it anyways now.

Those willing to burn in hell fire are the most wicked out of them all don't you fear allah the one who created you .Repent sister surely God is most mercifull
Those willing to burn in hell fire are the most wicked out of them all don't you fear allah the one who created you .Repent sister surely God is most mercifull

And so, at this point, what is the difference between you and ISIS Islamists, apart from the fact that ISIS are putting these views into fruition?
(edited 6 years ago)
they will wear green garments of fine and thick silk.

...fine and thick silk does sound rather appealing, but green is just soooo last year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending