The Student Room Group

Is Flat earth theory a joke?

For my own amusement I have recently been watching a few videos 'proving' the earth is flat. I have reached the conclusion that all of them MUST be joking as all their 'proofs' are hilariously wrong (RECOMMENDED HILARIOUS VIDEO: 'The simplest irrefutable flat earth proof' on youtube).
It just amazes me that fully grown men and women believe that we live on a disc, and that every single scientist for hundreds of years have been part of the conspiracy :') Any flat earthers on here who want to debate FET with me? I would be SO up for it lol.
Original post by COYS...TTID
For my own amusement I have recently been watching a few videos 'proving' the earth is flat. I have reached the conclusion that all of them MUST be joking as all their 'proofs' are hilariously wrong (RECOMMENDED HILARIOUS VIDEO: 'The simplest irrefutable flat earth proof' on youtube).
It just amazes me that fully grown men and women believe that we live on a disc, and that every single scientist for hundreds of years have been part of the conspiracy :':wink: Any flat earthers on here who want to debate FET with me? I would be SO up for it lol.

It is scary that these people believe this. I think about 50% are trolls and 50% are actually being serious.
It just amazes me that fully grown men and women believe that we live on a disc, and that every single scientist for hundreds of years have been part of the conspiracy :':wink: Any flat earthers on here who want to debate FET with me? I would be SO up for it lol.

Apparently the Flat Earth Society was founded to encourage "critical thinking", but there are people who have been brainwashed into actually believing it. So, no round-the-world holidays for them.
Original post by Charliewiz
It is scary that these people believe this. I think about 50% are trolls and 50% are actually being serious.

I agree.

I think that some of the online articles/videos promulgating a 'Flat Earth' theory are serious, but I think that an awful lot are just taking the piss, just to get a rise out of pompous wannabe physicists.
no, people unironically believe it.

I'm pretty sure they're all trolls, and if they're not, they're just plain (sorry) stupid. It is scientifically impossible.
Reply 6
Some people are joking, some people are stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 7
IT's so saddening to think people actually believe this. Contrary to popular belief, people in the past did not think the Earth was flat at all and were well aware it was probably round. It's only in the last 2/3 centuries where morons have popped up spouting this nonsense and society continues to get dumber.
The earth is flat, I got proof from NASA!
All water lays flat, hence the phrase sea level. No curvature allowance is ever made into structures or building over of any distance. Why?? Considering the the earth should drop 8 inches squared for every mile travelled it doesn't happen. Look at some of the flattest places on earth surely if we lived on a ball some curvature would need to to exist. Watch 200 reasons the earth is not a spinning ball Eric Dubay
Many people believe that further education will give them fulfilment. How crazy is that?
Intellectually, yes it is a joke.

Regarding people believing it... no, some people will believe anything.
Reply 12
Original post by Tesla aether
All water lays flat, hence the phrase sea level. No curvature allowance is ever made into structures or building over of any distance. Why?? Considering the the earth should drop 8 inches squared for every mile travelled it doesn't happen. Look at some of the flattest places on earth surely if we lived on a ball some curvature would need to to exist. Watch 200 reasons the earth is not a spinning ball Eric Dubay

Original post by Huw M Thomas
Many people believe that further education will give them fulfilment. How crazy is that?

This thread is for you:
The World Is Flat AMA
half of the world's population are of below average intelligence... it is not surprising that these "theories" have a receptive audience.
Reply 14
Hahaha XD most spectacular backfire ever.
Reply 15
flat earth.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending