The Student Room Group

Thoughts on Richard Spencer?

He describes himself as a white 'identitarian' and is kind of a controversial spokesperson.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Britain and Europe are becoming third world countries.

There is nothing wrong in saying this. We have freedom of speech.
he is a neo nazi plain and simple.
Reply 3
He thinks the White race is the most superior, he's obviously a racist
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by r3035

Freedom of speech doesn't change the meaning behind what the man is saying, he's a racist plain and simple, surely your extremist right-wing mind could understand this. What I find funny is that you're justifying him, therefore you also are a nazi
Reply 5
Original post by r3035

Muslims talk about Sharia law - You turn into a crybaby snowflake

Racist nazi talks - you say freedom of speech

hypocrisy at its finest
We need more people like the Super Mario man at the beginning. Just because we might disagree with another persons opinion on a subject, doesn't mean that they shouldn't be allowed to speak. As for Universities i think its disgraceful that they ban speakers because it doesn't fit with the universities guidelines. Education is about leaning and letting people make their own minds up, not shutting them away like sheep and only advocating one way of thinking.
Original post by zezno
He thinks the White race is the most superior, he's obviously a racist

You obv didn't watch the video he says that the white race is his and is important to him but not that he thinks it is superior.
He is just as bad as the far-left who constantly attack white people. It's hard for me to agree with anyone who sees things in such a racial basis. And I find the whole "Hail Trump" thing very distasteful.

What worries me is how the left are pushing people away from them and towards dangerous ideologues like this man. Should he banned for what he says? I don't think so - but then again I said the same thing about the model who was fired a couple of weeks ago and also James Damore (though he's much less controversial in my eyes) - they should be given the chance to say their point of view, and then we should respond to them, whether we agree or disagree. Banning these ideologies just makes them feel vindicated.
[video="youtube;wlbLNWIFEY0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlbLNWIFEY0&t=4458s[/video]
Original post by zezno
Freedom of speech doesn't change the meaning behind what the man is saying, he's a racist plain and simple, surely your extremist right-wing mind could understand this. What I find funny is that you're justifying him, therefore you also are a nazi

If you watch at 1:10::10:00 he answers the racist question.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by karl pilkington
You obv didn't watch the video he says that the white race is his and is important to him but not that he thinks it is superior.

in other interviews he said he thinks the White race is the most superior, research please
People need to move on from the whole racist thing and actually argue with the actual concepts which are based on identity and history and the effect that a multi racial society has on people's sense of themselves.
Original post by zezno
in other interviews he said he thinks the White race is the most superior, research please

No he says their cultural achievements are superior and that they have created more successful societies but not that they are actually superior.
Reply 13
Original post by karl pilkington
No he says their cultural achievements are superior and that they have created more successful societies but not that they are actually superior.

if he thinks their cultural achievements are superior does he not think that the White race is more superior to others intellectually?
Reply 14
Original post by zezno

The Nazis were very multicultural people, and there were black Nazis.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/nov/13/mohamed-husen-black-immigrant-actor-carved-career-1920s-german-cinema

Nazis were the original multiculturalists and admired Arabs and Japanese people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honorary_Aryan
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by zezno
if he thinks their cultural achievements are superior does he not think that the White race is more superior to others intellectually?

Not necessarily just that they maybe have developed cultural characteristics which enable them to get on better or work together better. In someways I am just interested in what he has to say in the sense that part of someone's identity is tied up with their race.
Original post by r3035
The Nazis were very multicultural people, and there were black Nazis.

Wowow that's so informative i mean a meme with specially selected images with no context wow that's amazing. Very debunk. Much proof.
Reply 17
Original post by jambojim97
Wowow that's so informative i mean a meme with specially selected images with no context wow that's amazing. Very debunk. Much proof.

I updated it with links
Original post by r3035
I updated it with links

Your first link about the Nazi classification of 'Honarary Aryan' doesn't even come close to 'proving' that the far-right is multicultural. 'Honary Aryan' is simply a classification for a tiny minority of people who were deemed useful towards Hitler's political aims. Aside from that, the fact that Nazis deem the Japanese to be 'racially equivalent' to 'Aryans' (as modern Nazis do with South Asians) is not an indicator of Multiculturalism. They still wanted other races to be separate, regardless of how they were ranked.

Regarding your second link, yes, there were a tiny minority of Africans in the Nazi era who were seldom persecuted, at least not in the same way as Jews, Romani etc. However, this is not because Nazis wanted to be 'multicultural', but rather because Afro-Germans were such a tiny minority that they were barely noticed and not seen as a priority .

Blacks in Nazi Germany were still considered racially inferior, subject to the Nuremberg Laws, and subjected to forced sterilisation. How very multicultural!
Reply 19
Original post by jambojim97
Your first link about the Nazi classification of 'Honarary Aryan' doesn't even come close to 'proving' that the far-right is multicultural. 'Honary Aryan' is simply a classification for a tiny minority of people who were deemed useful towards Hitler's political aims. Aside from that, the fact that Nazis deem the Japanese to be 'racially equivalent' to 'Aryans' (as modern Nazis do with South Asians) is not an indicator of Multiculturalism. They still wanted other races to be separate, regardless of how they were ranked.

Regarding your second link, yes, there were a tiny minority of Africans in the Nazi era who were seldom persecuted, at least not in the same way as Jews, Romani etc. However, this is not because Nazis wanted to be 'multicultural', but rather because Afro-Germans were such a tiny minority that they were barely noticed and not seen as a priority .

Blacks in Nazi Germany were still considered racially inferior, subject to the Nuremberg Laws, and subjected to forced sterilisation. How very multicultural!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9xonovMDAQ

He says he doesn't hate black people. 16 minute mark

[video="youtube;x9xonovMDAQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9xonovMDAQ[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest