The Student Room Group

Medicine through clearing

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask whether anyone knows if you can get in to Medicine through clearing if you didn't originally apply to it?
(edited 6 years ago)
As far as I know, you cannot enter medicine through clearing.
Original post by shunoai95
As far as I know, you cannot enter medicine through clearing.

In an incredibly unusual turn of events the University of Liverpool and University of Sheffield medical degrees did in fact enter Clearing this year (2017): http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/your-practice/practice-topics/education/medical-schools-offering-places-via-clearing/20035094.article

@OP Although - as seen above - medical degrees can in theory enter clearing, the chances of this happening in any particular year are incredibly slim, the number of places on offer very low, and (presumably) they go to the very top candidates rejected by other universities.

I suggest you apply to medicine as normal & only fallback to Clearing as an absolute last resort in the case of four rejections.
Original post by Maha1999
Hey guys, I just wanted to ask whether anyone knows if you can get in to Medicine through clearing if you didn't originally apply to it? For example, I am applying to Genetics this year as my predictions aren't strong enough to apply to medicine , but if I get really good A Level grades i.e. minimum AAA, Then can I apply to Medicine through clearing? or will i have to have applied to Medicine originally as well?
Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks :smile:

If you get grades which are both better than expected and excellent then a better tactic might be a gap year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ageshallnot
If you get grades which are both better than expected and excellent then a better tactic might be a gap year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh okay, Thanks!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending