The Student Room Group

What do you want to be when you're older?

Just interested. Wondering if there's a common route or profession.
Personally, I would love to be an English professor.
How about you?

Scroll to see replies

A History academic (so researching and lecturing at unis) :tongue:, but I know for a fact I will probably keep changing my mind until I find what I truly love.
Original post by PoetryBlues
How about you?

Pokemon Master... Or a Genetic Counsellor within the NHS, whichever comes first :biggrin:
How about you?

I would love to be RAF pilot but due to my hearing loss, I can't.

personally, i would love to become a paramedic
Something in science tbh just don't know what I am interested in biomedical science and forensic science tho
no idea
Original post by SuperHuman98
A History academic (so researching and lecturing at unis) :tongue:, but I know for a fact I will probably keep changing my mind until I find what I truly love.

Oh nice! Similar to me then, in a way. I've have changed my mind SO much over the last few and probably will do again. We still have lots of time :smile:
My current plan is to go into flood/hydraulic modelling, or something else to do with flood risk and management :smile:
Original post by CTLevers
Pokemon Master... Or a Genetic Counsellor within the NHS, whichever comes first :biggrin:

Fair enough :biggrin: :biggrin: that actually sounds like a dream job!
Reply 9
MP, PM, writer... but I'll probably end up a banker or at best financier.
I would love to be a freelance stop motion animator....... or an engineer haha
Original post by Realityman
I would love to be RAF pilot but due to my hearing loss, I can't.

personally, i would love to become a paramedic

Awh :frown: Maybe, with the way technology is advancing these days, there will be a new cure in a few years which could help to improve your hearing? You never know. A few decades from now no one could ever have dreamed of all the amazing technology we have nowadays.
Original post by MusicFangirl630
Something in science tbh just don't know what I am interested in biomedical science and forensic science tho

I sort of wish I was into science... it would be so nice to be able to take the three sciences for A levels, knowing that they're all in a way linked, but not so closely that I'll get then muddled with one another like I do with the two Englishes. Hope it goes well for you.
Original post by Leviathan1741
My current plan is to go into flood/hydraulic modelling, or something else to do with flood risk and management :smile:

Ooo now that is original! I haven't heard of anyone wanting to do that before. What about it appeals to you?
Wasteman fam
I sort of wish I was into science... it would be so nice to be able to take the three sciences for A levels, knowing that they're all in a way linked, but not so closely that I'll get then muddled with one another like I do with the two Englishes. Hope it goes well for you.

Aww thanks and you too I am sorry that you won't be doing science but you still have your passion for English don't let that go!
Ooo now that is original! I haven't heard of anyone wanting to do that before. What about it appeals to you?

Well, I like the idea of a job which is related to the environment, but I don't think a career in geology (my degree) is right for me. I've been looking at alternative areas I could go into, and flood risk sounds interesting to me. Using computer models and field measurements to predict floods and design protection schemes seems like a cool and useful thing to do :h:
A cardiothoracic surgeon with a plan B of being a meteorologist
Original post by Leviathan1741
Well, I like the idea of a job which is related to the environment, but I don't think a career in geology (my degree) is right for me. I've been looking at alternative areas I could go into, and flood risk sounds interesting to me. Using computer models and field measurements to predict floods and design protection schemes seems like a cool and useful thing to do :h:

Definitely, yeah. While it has changed a bit now, geography and environmental studies were my favourite for a while at GCSE. I can see the attraction. Have you heard of the 2004 Boscastle flood? I was in that (when I was 3 years old) and still remember it now.
How about you?
I would quite enjoy becoming a prophet

however, the life of a young, struggling, aspiring prophet is quite arduous : there are no formal training opportunities and you have to just sit around waiting for a call from above

best
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest