The Student Room Group

Why do so many Muslims still love Erdogan?

I am a Sunni Muslim but I do not understand why people are not talking about how Erdogan allowed the Syrian regime to take Aleppo and effectively assisted a retreat into Idlib in coordination with the Russians. He claims he is anti-Kurd but only when they are his problem, he never critisized his Iraqi peshmerga friends who attack innocent Sunni Arabs. Turkey and Qatar love to behave like defenders of Sunnis but yet they are getting ever closer to Iran. I want a reply from Islamist Erdogan fanboys who seem to have a history of working with Shia terrorist groups.
PS: I am not trying to be rude, I would like to see your responses though

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sami50
I am a Sunni Muslim but I do not understand why people are not talking about how Erdogan allowed the Syrian regime to take Aleppo and effectively assisted a retreat into Idlib in coordination with the Russians. He claims he is anti-Kurd but only when they are his problem, he never critisized his Iraqi peshmerga friends who attack innocent Sunni Arabs. Turkey and Qatar love to behave like defenders of Sunnis but yet they are getting ever closer to Iran. I want a reply from Islamist Erdogan fanboys who seem to have a history of working with Shia terrorist groups.

How did you expect the Turks to take Aleppo?
Reply 2
Original post by Stalin
How did you expect the Turks to take Aleppo?

Not take it but helping the rebels push hard to break the siege would have been an alternative that would be more harmful to the regime.
Because he's one of the few leader's who takes action such as bringing in refugees, speaking out against Anti-Islam, aiding Muslim countries etc.

His country is Turkey and not Syria which is also facing a lot of problems right now, so how did you expect the him to take Aleppo.

I now want a reply from you to give evidence that Erdogan (May Allah be pleased with him) has history of working with Shia terrorist groups.

I find it sad and disgusting that people are finding ways for people to go against him without any authentic evidence at all. But on the other hand, you have probably been brainwashed like a lot of people.

And Allah knows best
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Sami50
Not take it but helping the rebels push hard to break the siege would have been an alternative that would be more harmful to the regime.

By 'rebels' you mean 'terrorists'?
Reply 5
Original post by WaqarAliShabir
Because he's one of the few leader's who takes action such as bringing in refugees, speaking out against Anti-Islam, aiding Muslim countries etc.

His country is Turkey and not Syria which is also facing a lot of problems right now, so how did you expect the him to take Aleppo.

I now want a reply from you to give evidence that Erdogan (May Allah be pleased with him) has history of working with Shia terrorist groups.

He's probably the only Muslim leader who has a heart that has so much love for his fellow Muslim brothers and sisters.

I find it sad and disgusting that people are finding ways for people to go against him without any authentic evidence at all. But on the other hand, you have probably been brainwashed like a lot of people. It should be the Saudi leaders who you should be shaming who no shame at all; killing their own brothers and sisters in Yemen and aiding countries like America and Israel.

And Allah knows best

His country is Turkey but he encouraged the Syrians to revolt and claimed that he would fight Syria but he backed down at the end and decided to make peace with Russia.

The Saudis are not trying to massacre innocents in Yemen even if it has regretably happened. They are trying to fight Houthi terrorists who have killed Yemeni and Saudi civillians.

Now Turkey is back with Iran in terms of improving relations. They agreed to cooperate in Iraq even though Turkey was supporting the Kurds which are about to announce an independence referendum this month.
(edited 6 years ago)
Can I ask where you're from if you don't mind?
Reply 8
:yawn::yawn::yawn:

'The Saudis are not trying to massacre innocents in Yemen even if it has regretably happened' IS THIS A JOKE?

No it's not a joke. Why would they benefit from killing innocents? Do you realise what Iran is doing to the region?
Reply 9
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Can I ask where you're from if you don't mind?

The UK, this is where I was born and where I live. It seems to be a sufficient answer.
(edited 6 years ago)
Why does anybody like Erdogan?
Original post by Sami50
The UK, this is where I was born and where I live. It seems to be a sufficient answer.

I meant where you come from originally as in your roots, but it was a question - you didn't have to answer it if you didn't want to.
Why does anyone support a de facto dictator?

I find it sad and disgusting that people are finding ways for people to go against him without any authentic evidence at all. But on the other hand, you have probably been brainwashed like a lot of people.

You mean other that restriction freedom of the press, banning the teaching of evolution, imprisoning thousands of political opponents (for doing nothing more than disagreeing with him), and much much more.

Erdogan is one of the worst leaders on the planet at the moment, and with any luck will be deposed and imprisoned for his crimes against humanity and the Turkish people.
Who said muslims love him. Here in Egypt everyone hates him except the people following the muslim brotherhood which are a very small number of people.
idk who he is

he sounds like a character from lord of the rings
Reply 16
Original post by Malek111
Who said muslims love him. Here in Egypt everyone hates him except the people following the muslim brotherhood which are a very small number of people.

Yes but in the west many Muslims are influenced by the Ikhwan rhetoric without realising.
Original post by Sami50

Do you think if the rebels overthrew Assad (who of course I despise for war crimes and human rights violations) things would be better with a failed state and rival factions competing for power? And I really don't think the Iraqi Kurdish peshmerga attack innocent Arabs at all commonly, maybe you know things that I don't.
As a secular non-religious Turkish person, I can say to you that Erdogan is just an ignorant person who wants to be new Sultan in the Turkey. He is just regressing Turkish nation, he wants to destroy constitutionally secular Turkey and rebuild caliphate in the Turkey. So, please don't take his opinons seriously.

Is rebuilding caliphate in the Turkey impossible with current Turkish society ? Unfortunately not. Since 1950s (Atatürk died in the 1938) majority of people in the Turkey have been voting for the religious parties and that's why they are generally mentally uneducated and they're believing Islam. So, I don't feel sorry for them they deserve that.
Wow you're all dumb af. Erdogan is a war criminal who has been aiding terrorists to destroy Syria and Assad's secular regime. He is one of the biggest aiders of murder and yet there are still idiots who support him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending