The Student Room Group

The Harry Potter Thread

Scroll to see replies

The primark collection of stuff is really neat, spent quite a bit to add to my room, the only disappointing thing was the cushion it's kinda small so had to get two otherwise it would have just looked really odd :lol:
Original post by Malevolent
The primark collection of stuff is really neat, spent quite a bit to add to my room, the only disappointing thing was the cushion it's kinda small so had to get two otherwise it would have just looked really odd :lol:

Yeah, I've seen the pillows, they are a bit disappointing (but thankfully my sister bought me custom HP ones for Christmas last year).

My boyfriend is probably going to think I'm mad once I get into Primark and buy everything and deck out my room. Oh well. :love:
I was disappointed with Harry Potter 4 when in the film they didn't feature Harry at the Dursleys. :unimpressed:
Original post by I got the power
I was disappointed with Harry Potter 4 when in the film they didn't feature Harry at the Dursleys. :unimpressed:

Ikr, I remember being pissed off when I first saw that at like 8 lol. Not as criminal as just skipping the World Cup Final though, even after building it up. Honestly, one of the worst decisions I've ever seen in an adaptation...
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Ikr, I remember being pissed off when I first saw that at like 8 lol. Not as criminal as just skipping the World Cup Final though, even after building it up. Honestly, one of the worst decisions I've ever seen in an adaptation...

My thoughts exactly! Even if they'd cut out other parts to make up time instead, I would have been fine with that. :sadnod:
Original post by Airmed
Yeah, I've seen the pillows, they are a bit disappointing (but thankfully my sister bought me custom HP ones for Christmas last year).

My boyfriend is probably going to think I'm mad once I get into Primark and buy everything and deck out my room. Oh well. :love:

Me and Bubbles were in Primark the other day and saw it... I wondered how much of it you'd end up buying! :lol:
Original post by shadowdweller
Me and Bubbles were in Primark the other day and saw it... I wondered how much of it you'd end up buying! :lol:

I will be checking out the Derry one tomorrow :lol:
Original post by Airmed
I will be checking out the Derry one tomorrow :lol:

This is going to be a repeat of the Harry Potter shop in London, isn't it? :lol:
Has it ever once occurred in your brilliant mind that I don't want to do this
Original post by shadowdweller
This is going to be a repeat of the Harry Potter shop in London, isn't it? :lol:

Yes and I'm not ashamed to admit that. :awesome:
does anyone watch any HP youtubers? been watching a few lately. :smile:
Reply 211
Just seen this thread has been made into a sticky :biggrin: :woo:

HP thread > every other book related thread :tongue:
Reply 212
:love:
21167860_1602916056418942_3516923587628180180_o.jpg
Original post by Rum Ham
Just seen this thread has been made into a sticky :biggrin: :woo:

HP thread > every other book related thread :tongue:

:colondollar: :hi:
Original post by Rum Ham
Hey fellow Potterheads! So I'm sad to say I am a little late at joining the club as I've finally just started to read the books at age 24 :colondollar: I've seen all the movies when they first came out but I don't know why I never got around to reading the books when I was younger as I had read other popular series such as LOTR, Stephen King's work etc but anyhoo, better late than never! :yep:

I'm currently half way through Prisoner of Azkaban and so far, I'd say that is my favourite book though I am really looking forward to reading Half Blood Prince. I don't find it boring reading the books after the films, I'm enjoying it very much :smile:

So what are your favourite moments from the HP series? Who is your favourite characters? What scenes from the books do you wish made it into the films?

Feel free to add your Pottermore stats too if you fancy :yep:

My stats are -
House - Hufflepuff (I was very happy with the house I was allocated to :yep: )
Patronus - Tortoiseshell cat (a cat, surprise surprise for me :teehee: )
Ilvermoney - Horned Serpent
Wand - Ash wood with a Dragon heartstring core 9 and 3/4 inch and quite bendy flexibility

I think if I ever came across a Boggart, it would appear as a wasp and it would be bloody hard to try and make that look amusing! My favourite character so far is either Hagrid or Dumbledore.

my house is Ravenclaw, my patronus is a Horse and my fave character is Newt Scamander.

They are? :colondollar: :excited: I saw a HP dressing gown in Primark when I went, didn't get it though because I already had a dressing gown :frown:
I did get a very nice fantastic Beasts tote bag though.

Original post by TheDuo
my house is Ravenclaw, my patronus is a Horse and my fave character is Newt Scamander.

:five: Newt Scamander is ace - I'm with you on that one.
Favourite character is probably between Dobby, Draco, Sirius, Luna or Neville. I can't pick a favourite moment, there are way too many. Any Peeves scene should have been added! I'm a Hufflepuff, but would fit nicely into any of the houses, hence being a Hufflepuff. My patronus is a hippogriff and I'm a Thunderbird, can't remember my wand though..
Original post by Ellie8286
Favourite character is probably between Dobby, Draco, Sirius, Luna or Neville. I can't pick a favourite moment, there are way too many. Any Peeves scene should have been added! I'm a Hufflepuff, but would fit nicely into any of the houses, hence being a Hufflepuff. My patronus is a hippogriff and I'm a Thunderbird, can't remember my wand though..

Hey, no worries! Peeves should have been in the film imo too, apparently I think they did try with some kind of animation type thing, but mostly they didn't do it because Peeves was a somewhat destructive character in the books which meant if they were to recreate him in the movies it meant damaging some of the props/set which the producers didn't particularly want. :smile: (mind you if i was a producer I wouldn' want my set ruined so I see their point... <in the mean time I weep though>
[video="youtube;F5D1x-OtGME"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5D1x-OtGME[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending