The Student Room Group

is CGP good for A level

I would like you it for my options Biology AQA, Chemistry AQA and Psychology AQA. I have also been given the exam board endorsed book aswell. Revision tips aswell.

Which one the CGP revsion guide or the text book. Also imma aiming for A/B
Thanks
Original post by Cri7R
I would like you it for my options Biology AQA, Chemistry AQA and Psychology AQA. I have also been given the exam board endorsed book aswell. Revision tips aswell.

Thanks

Definitely worth it for Chemistry, not sure about the others so :bump:
Reply 2
Yeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Reply 3
I do Biology AQA and Chemistry OCR. Get the textbooks. 100%. I'm in Year 13. I have the revision guides and I'm probably gonna use them in March for the lead up into exam as they have concise notes for remembering and lots more practice questions.
i buy the books for the jokes they have then tweet that joke expecting 5k retweets.
Reply 5
its good enough to start you off and get you a C max , in my opinion i would say dont rely on it to get top grades
My science teachers said that it's quite basic for the sciences, But I would still revise from the cgp book textbook as I don't think there's anymore books for the new spec sciences, but that shouldn't be your only source of revision. Past papers, notes and flashcards from the textbook :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Cri7R

Thanks

Good to consolidate basic knowledge bur will only get you a C grade maximum.

You need to make more detailed notes from websites like chemrevise, a-levelchemistry, chemguide etc. Also practice questions.

Print out a specification checklist found online and go through each point and make sure you can tackle questions related to those specfication points.

I didn't even touch he AQA chemistry CGP guide (didn't find it helpful) and managed to get an A at AS.
Used CGP to make notes for all three sciences and got straight As, just make sure you do past papers as well.
Original post by Cri7R

Thanks

yep used it for bio and chem got As in both use it religiously
Original post by Baaah
Good to consolidate basic knowledge bur will only get you a C grade maximum.

You need to make more detailed notes from websites like chemrevise, a-levelchemistry, chemguide etc. Also practice questions.

Print out a specification checklist found online and go through each point and make sure you can tackle questions related to those specfication points.

I didn't even touch he AQA chemistry CGP guide (didn't find it helpful) and managed to get an A at AS.

Original post by qam
its good enough to start you off and get you a C max , in my opinion i would say dont rely on it to get top grades

Where does this "C maximum" come from?
Reply 11
Original post by _gcx
Where does this "C maximum" come from?

its not detailed enough nor does it give you the points to get marks in the real exam

Quick Reply

Latest