The Student Room Group

What shoes shall I wear with black skinny jeans?

So I have just brought myself some black skinny jeans (Fairly tight) and don't know what shoes/shirts wear, I am a male, so no female designs please and I am looking to wear them to like college etc.
Dark brown boots :yes:
flip flops
Reply 3
i like to wear white trainers with mine and roll the bottom of the jeans up slightly.
Original post by cbaforcba
So I have just brought myself some black skinny jeans (Fairly tight) and don't know what shoes/shirts wear, I am a male, so no female designs please and I am looking to wear them to like college etc.

Wear Black Nike Air Maxes or something like Vans since skinny jeans & Vans combo seems to be the trend these days.

trainers or converse? Any colour that's not too bright.

Depends on the occasion. Vans or something of their ilk is fine for a casual setting; if it's a little smarter than that I think a pair of brown Oxfords or - even better in my opinion - Chelsea boots. I'd avoid black shoes with black skinny jeans though, you want some contrast.
White trainers if not then khaki trainers go well in my opinion.
Reply 8
Original post by anon157
Wear Black Nike Air Maxes or something like Vans since skinny jeans & Vans combo seems to be the trend these days.

https://www.jdsports.co.uk/product/nike-air-max-90/083285/ or http://www.asos.com/vans/vans-old-skool-trainers-in-black-vd3hy28/prd/3930113?clr=black&SearchQuery=&cid=4209&pgesize=36&pge=3&totalstyles=206&gridsize=3&gridrow=2&gridcolumn=2 not sure what ones to get, I can always return them, but is just annoying.
Reply 9
Original post by stirkee
i like to wear white trainers with mine and roll the bottom of the jeans up slightly.

What white trainers do you suggest?
Reply 10
Original post by BehindTheScreen
White trainers if not then khaki trainers go well in my opinion.

What white trainers should I get?
Reply 11
Original post by lukey67791
Depends on the occasion. Vans or something of their ilk is fine for a casual setting; if it's a little smarter than that I think a pair of brown Oxfords or - even better in my opinion - Chelsea boots. I'd avoid black shoes with black skinny jeans though, you want some contrast.

Should I get the old skool vans, or another type?
What white trainers do you suggest?

I like New Balance so something like a white NB 373 is what I often wear with my black jeans.

small image but its the only one i could find of the exact ones i have:

Reply 13
was looking at them, but no-one suggested them, really do like the look
Original post by stirkee
I like New Balance so something like a white NB 373 is what I often wear with my black jeans.

small image but its the only one i could find of the exact ones i have:

was looking at them, but no-one suggested them, really do like the look

I like them. White trainers like that are pretty versatile anyway so they're good to have.
Vans all the way, either classic old skools or all black slip ons.
Oddly though I don't really like how they look if I don't roll up my jeans (whatever jeans they are). Not sure why, I just think they look a lot better when you roll up the jeans like in that pic.

Other shoes (even trainers) I have though I'm the opposite and think they look better without rolling the jeans..
Reply 17
Original post by stirkee
I like them. White trainers like that are pretty versatile anyway so they're good to have.

Can't find them in my size :/
heeled booties
Original post by stirkee

The post of the new balance trainers look dope, even white air forces will look good.

Quick Reply

Latest