The Student Room Group

Student Loan payment to a lost debit card

Someone please help,

I start Uni on the 18th and should be recieving my student finance into my account on that day, except I lost my debit card. I reported it as missing and it has been cancelled and a new one should arrive in 4 working days, I'm not sure what will change on the card, but my student finance account has my bank account number and sort code, will these have changed and impact on me recieving my student loan? I cant update my details until I recieve my new card so I'm panicking.

Thank you
Original post by lpjl2
Someone please help,

I start Uni on the 18th and should be recieving my student finance into my account on that day, except I lost my debit card. I reported it as missing and it has been cancelled and a new one should arrive in 4 working days, I'm not sure what will change on the card, but my student finance account has my bank account number and sort code, will these have changed and impact on me recieving my student loan? I cant update my details until I recieve my new card so I'm panicking.

Thank you

Your account details will still be the same, as you're still using the same account just with a new card
Reply 2
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Your account details will still be the same, as you're still using the same account just with a new card

thank you so much :smile:
Original post by lpjl2
thank you so much :smile:

No worries. Good luck with uni :smile:
How do you know when you get your loan? I'm pretty sure it's after fresher's..
Original post by MeowCat21
How do you know when you get your loan? I'm pretty sure it's after fresher's..

You typically get your loan on the first day of term, assuming your application is 100% complete. Anyway, you just have to log in to your SFE account to see when your payments are being made.
Original post by High Kingdom
You typically get your loan on the first day of term, assuming your application is 100% complete. Anyway, you just have to log in to your SFE account to see when your payments are being made.

I can't as every time I try to log in the website is down... D:

But the first day of term is the week after uni starts?
I can't as every time I try to log in the website is down... D:

But the first day of term is the week after uni starts?

Try in a few days.

My first day of term is the day I start officially start my academic year. I don't know what you mean by 'uni starts'.
Try in a few days.

My first day of term is the day I start officially start my academic year. I don't know what you mean by 'uni starts'.

But what about fresher's week?
But what about fresher's week?

My freshers week happened in my first week of term. We had no lectures but had admin stuff and uni intro things etc. So I got my loan on the Monday of that week.
Your loan is usually paid shortly after the uni confirm your attendance
Not sure they care if you can fund freshers week
My freshers week happened in my first week of term. We had no lectures but had admin stuff and uni intro things etc. So I got my loan on the Monday of that week.

You've started?
You've started?

Nah I'm a 4th year. But I'm talking about my first year.
Nah I'm a 4th year. But I'm talking about my first year.

oh okay
Hi the account number and sort code are the same so it shouldn't be a problem as my card got stolen but I haven't changed details as they are the same. Hope this helped!

Original post by lpjl2
Someone please help,

Thank you
Reply 15
Original post by zakhtar16
Hi the account number and sort code are the same so it shouldn't be a problem as my card got stolen but I haven't changed details as they are the same. Hope this helped!

Thank you very much, I found out if the account number and sort code are the same payments can still be put into your account fine! :smile:
No problem, I had the same worry but only realised when trying to change banking details on student finance website 😂

Original post by lpjl2
Thank you very much, I found out if the account number and sort code are the same payments can still be put into your account fine! :smile:
Student Finance don't care if you can't fund freshers week. That's up to you. Your loan is there to help with the costs of living whilst you are studying.

You will be paid when the university confirms your attendance. This may or may not be the day stated on your student finance account. That could be earlier, or that could be later. When it happens, you'll get a text saying your money is being sent and will be in your account in 3 working days.

Card number has nothing to do with student finance payments. Even if the card is reported as lost/stolen, you're bank AC number and sort code remain the same, and the payment will go through fine.
Reply 18
Original post by Otherside22
Student Finance don't care if you can't fund freshers week. That's up to you. Your loan is there to help with the costs of living whilst you are studying.

You will be paid when the university confirms your attendance. This may or may not be the day stated on your student finance account. That could be earlier, or that could be later. When it happens, you'll get a text saying your money is being sent and will be in your account in 3 working days.

Card number has nothing to do with student finance payments. Even if the card is reported as lost/stolen, you're bank AC number and sort code remain the same, and the payment will go through fine.

Ah I see thank you im so glad that it will all work out then, thanks now i just have to wait!

Quick Reply