The Student Room Group

Placement Year Banking 2017

Just wanted to get a thread started for the placement year applicants. The IB that do placement years as far as I can see are:
Goldman Sachs
Morgan Stanley
UBS
BNP Paribas
Nomura

Does anyone know any others we can apply for?
Also, what division and bank are hoping to get?
Original post by banana5
Just wanted to get a thread started for the placement year applicants. The IB that do placement years as far as I can see are:
Goldman Sachs
Morgan Stanley
UBS
BNP Paribas
Nomura

Awesome thread! Which ones are you applying for or are you applying to all of them?
Wanted to know whether taking an additional year at university to complete a placement year is a good idea? Or would the traditional path suffice (no spring week here)
Original post by glebp
Wanted to know whether taking an additional year at university to complete a placement year is a good idea? Or would the traditional path suffice (no spring week here)

don't put all of your eggs into one basket

sidenote but was you in the econ a2 group chat for 2016 a2'ers? i recall the name gleb but can't remember where from. you planned to do management at Warwick or UCL, right? How is it going?
Original post by ozilll
don't put all of your eggs into one basket

sidenote but was you in the econ a2 group chat for 2016 a2'ers? i recall the name gleb but can't remember where from. you planned to do management at Warwick or UCL, right? How is it going?

PM'd ya
Original post by banana5
Goldman Sachs
Morgan Stanley
UBS
BNP Paribas
Nomura

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by APersonYo

Would placements be easier to get into than internships due to the lower number of applicants
Original post by aqamaths
Would placements be easier to get into than internships due to the lower number of applicants

In a way yes. You're only really competing with people from unis where placement years are common - which is a pretty small number of good unis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know what does the HSBC Job Simulator entails? lol

Quick Reply