The Student Room Group

Doing 3 a levels whilst doing 2 GCSEs? URGENT

I'm doing as biology CIE whilst doing biology gcse CIE because I failed it. Doing maths gcse , sociology and psychology a level.

I don't know how to revise! Which to revise for??

I have so much to revise for in such little time.

I have my maths in nov and biology in January. So shall I just revise for those until December? So I can just focus and make sure I pass them then start revising for the a levels in January? I'm doing linear
Bump and please don't tell me that I'm bumping too early because this is urgent
Original post by Iwillachieve
Bump and please don't tell me that I'm bumping too early because this is urgent

1. You bumped too early
2. Unless I read this wrong you are doing biology at college but you failed it at GCSE?
why are you doing biology as if you failed GCSE?
So that's equivalent to 3 highers and 2 nationals 5s, damn I wish I had a year that easy
Original post by JamesOfficial
1. You bumped too early
2. Unless I read this wrong you are doing biology at college but you failed it at GCSE?

Original post by mariejuana
why are you doing biology as if you failed GCSE?

Yeah. I know it sounds stupid but I didn't work hard for the gcse so I don't know my full potential in this subject. I chose this because they preffer this subject at uni for my degree and it has a fair share of human biology in it so I thought it would be good to take this subject.
Original post by Mya_scotland
So that's equivalent to 3 highers and 2 nationals 5s, damn I wish I had a year that easy

This is not easy at all. Unless, you're Einstein.
This is not easy at all. Unless, you're Einstein.

lol I think a levels are a little harder than highers but I'm doing 5 highers like a lot of the Scottish students and they then go on to do 3 advanced highers next year
Original post by Mya_scotland
lol I think a levels are a little harder than highers but I'm doing 5 highers like a lot of the Scottish students and they then go on to do 3 advanced highers next year

Haha ok but this is not helping me
Can someone please just help me out
I'm doing as biology CIE whilst doing biology gcse CIE because I failed it. Doing maths gcse , sociology and psychology a level.

I don't know how to revise! Which to revise for??

I have so much to revise for in such little time.

I have my maths in nov and biology in January. So shall I just revise for those until December? So I can just focus and make sure I pass them then start revising for the a levels in January? I'm doing linear

it depends on how much GCSE biology and maths you have to remember and how much you need to relearn.
I did psychology at AS so I know it isn't difficult per say it's just a LOT of information to learn and remember, and id imagine it's much the same for sociology.
so, my advice would be to work hard and divide your time effectively. in the first few weeks of term focus on the a levels so you don't fall behind as they were the hardest in getting used to the at the start because they are different to GCSEs because the content is harder and you actually have to do work outside of lesson.
make sure your teachers know you're resisting GCSEs so they understand you need to focus on those too.
Then focus more on your GCSEs so that you can pass those well enough. i don't know what kind of help you'll get with your GCSEs, but make sure you go to any catch ups/lunch times/revision sessions for the alevels so you don't fall behind.

As for how to revise, go over your class notes, rewrite them, flashcards if they work for you lots of past paper questions especially for maths and science. You don't need to burn yourself out on them just make sure you keep up with the class so when you come to exams nothing is new and there's little you don't understand.

so, as long as you work hard you'll be okay.
(edited 6 years ago)
Haha ok but this is not helping me

Sorry lol good luck tho, I just set 4 half hour study slots per day and on my phone devise a timetable so that I study them all as evenly as possibly

Quick Reply

Latest