The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hate's a strong word, but I struggle to say that I love my parents and mean it. They mean well and care for me but our relationship has become so materialistic, I can't feel much anymore. They are part of the reason I developed a social anxiety disorder.
I'm unemployable :cry: :cry: :cry:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm unemployable :cry: :cry: :cry:

Why do you think that?
I have this secret crush on my mind but he doesn't even think we're friends 😂 don't have his number, we barely talk.

Tried so hard to get him off my mind but it's been 10 months I can't do this anymore :frown:
sometimes i feel sick because of how worthless i feel. but i shove the feeling off because it will always be there, so the only thing i can do is not concentrate on it. but i know there will be times when it is all i feel, and then i'll feed it. i'll let it grow stronger until i'm rocking in a bathroom corner, hating myself and snarling how utterly pathetic i am.
Original post by Wired_1800
Why do you think that?

Because I didn't develop many skills at university, I didn't do much at all. It was a waste of 4 years. I wish I could go back and redo it :frown: In my subject area, I need a PhD to get further work. I'm too scared to even apply to a job, because I know I'll just get rejected :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
Because I didn't develop many skills at university, I didn't do much at all. It was a waste of 4 years. I wish I could go back and redo it :frown: In my subject area, I need a PhD to get further work. I'm too scared to even apply to a job, because I know I'll just get rejected :frown:

Just try to apply for jobs. Don't limit it to you degree area. I know people with 2.2s and 3rds that have jobs. You have to believe in yourself.
Wish I didn't have anxiety, it gets in the way of everything
I have been a live for 16 years and 7 months and I have never seen myself breakdown like this over a boy.
I want to find girls who want sex and I don't know how I'm still a virgin
Original post by TheAlchemistress
I have been a live for 16 years and 7 months and I have never seen myself breakdown like this over a boy.

:console: Maybe it was for the best. You will find someone better :h:
Original post by qasim_96
:console: Maybe it was for the best. You will find someone better :h:

It wasn't for the best because I saw him at the NCS graduation ceremony, and I realized I still have feelings. And him and her were still close. I have been crying since, 3 times today.
Original post by TheAlchemistress
It wasn't for the best because I saw him at the NCS graduation ceremony, and I realized I still have feelings. And him and her were still close. I have been crying since, 3 times today.

Everything happens for the best. As someone who’s been in your position, I know what it feels like. But then after I realised that it was a good thing and happened for the best. It’ll take some time to get over it, but don’t forget that everything happens for a reason and you’ll be better off :h:
Kings and Queens and Presidents
Ministers of Governments
Welcome to the future of your world
I have just been diagnosed with breast cancer and can't tell my family because my oldest son has depression and I can't/won't worry him
I hate the fact that I repeated year 12 even though a lot of people do. I just feel so dumb and so discouraged for my A2 in May/June.
Pricks making "are my gcses good enough for (enter great uni)?" threads
Original post by chewy suarez
Pricks making "are my gcses good enough for (enter great uni)?" threads

I got 200 A*’s at GCSE and 50 A*’s at A-level. I also have 10 years worth of work experience. Is this good enough for London met or am I a complete failure?
Original post by qasim_96
I got 200 A*’s at GCSE and 50 A*’s at A-level. I also have 10 years worth of work experience. Is this good enough for London met or am I a complete failure?

The 50 A* are going to hold you down a bit, I think you'll need 60 at least for London met, plus you need 5 more years experience
You got no chance
Original post by chewy suarez
The 50 A* are going to hold you down a bit, I think you'll need 60 at least for London met, plus you need 5 more years experience
You got no chance

Goddammit. I have no other option in life! Time to end myself.

Latest

Trending

Trending