The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London
Reply 1
Original post by I wanna graduate
Hi, I would really appreciate it if someone could help me work out the calculations, I'm nervous for third year as I know I'm gonna have to put in a lot of hard work.

So basically I got 40% in my second year which is worth 20% of my overall grade how much do I need to graduate with a 2:1? The third year is worth 80%

0.8x + (0.2 * 40) = 60 where x is your 3rd year grade.
0.8x = 52
x = 65

So you need 65% in 3rd year to get a 2:1
London
Original post by aranos
0.8x + (0.2 * 40) = 60 where x is your 3rd year grade.
0.8x = 52
x = 65

so you need 65% in 3rd year to get a 2:1

nice math bro
Reply 3
Original post by XOR_
nice math bro

OP wanted help with calculating their grade, I helped. I'm not trying to impress anyone.
Thankzz yall!
Original post by Aranos
OP wanted help with calculating their grade, I helped. I'm not trying to impress anyone.

Hey Aranos, would you be able to tell me what I would need to get for a first.

Thank you
Reply 6
Hey Aranos, would you be able to tell me what I would need to get for a first.

Thank you

You'd need 77.5%
Original post by Aranos
You'd need 77.5%

I really appreciate it !
I really appreciate it !

I'm asking you loads of questions because you seem very helpful, any tips on getting a first?
Reply 9
I'm asking you loads of questions because you seem very helpful, any tips on getting a first?

I haven't even started second year yet, though I did get a first in first year. Study hard I guess, not much more to it than that.
Original post by Aranos
I haven't even started second year yet, though I did get a first in first year. Study hard I guess, not much more to it than that.

You'll do very well, thanks again :smile:
As a student in the exact same predicament, I have finally found the thread I needed. I am a current second year student who has gone through the worst possible family situation, I’ve had extenuating circumstances claims accepted and will be redoing a big part of my courseworks and exams in July. I do believe I can potentially finish with a 50% or above but it may be extremely difficult.How did you end up doing in regards to your third year? I can see you needed 65% did you manage to pull through? I really hope you did.My degree is also split 20/80.
Zombie thread but good question right now with Uni exams imminent

Its worth talking to your Uni about what from year 2 is included in your overall mark / grade, esp if you have extenuating circumstances - sometimes they will select some of your marks to roll forwards rather than all of them

If you ask later they wont be able to change anything because its all been through Academic Board

Latest

Trending

Trending