The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It looks good! But the middle lines may bleed into one another so it won't read properly in a few years so enioy it while you can. What does the barcode show when you scan it?
Reply 61
Have you scanned yourself yet?

Did you come up as kingsmill white bread?
Reply 62
Interesting

What did you come up as?
Yay so happy for you what does it scan :smile:
You realise that store alarms don't work on barcodes right
Reply 65
Original post by niteninja1
You realise that store alarms don't work on barcodes right

i was waiting for someone to point that out lol. Barcodes are used to know how much of that product is left in stock&price, not as a precaution against theft 😂
Yay perfect chocolate is the best!
How if there not scanned. They use proximity sensors
How does it set off a alarm if it doesn't get scanned?
So it's proximity not the barcode
The barcode is ink printed
They use tags and stickers. I've worked in many different stores believe me the barcodes are not magnetised
I'm not sure if the alarm gates even pick up bar codes. It's mainly eletronically tagged items.
Reply 74
But you're talking about a tattoo, the ink in the tattoo isn't going to behave the same as a magnetised barcode.

The reason the barcodes don't scan is because you can't have a laser screening people as they walk through a door way, there's obvious issues with that, and bar codes are optical data storage, anyone who's ever used a self service til will tell you how ropey even good barcodes can be, let alone you trying to get one tattooed.

It's a novel idea, but accept the fact that the only way you're going to set off an alarm in a shop is if you carry around a security tag from somewhere else. At least then you can make the "joke" that your tattoo tripped the alarm.
Love the pictures that looks amazing and so much fun hehe :smile:
If you get the tattoo get sterilised at the same time.
Reply 77
Original post by CrazyKittenLady
Love the pictures that looks amazing and so much fun hehe :smile:

We shouldn't be making fun of people with problems like this..
Reply 78
What are you going to do if your barcode does not set off the alarms?
Your barcode is written and it's referred to as DNA.

Latest