The Student Room Group

Finally got my wrist barcode tattoo ! Photos included

Scroll to see replies

Congratulations. You have turned yourself into a commodity. That's never been done before.

Spoiler

Original post by OxFossil
Congratulations. You have turned yourself into a commodity. That's never been done before.

Spoiler

Thanks.

What does commodity mean ?
Reply 42
Original post by Cleverboy1991
I told you how it works yet you refuse to listen.

Barcode requires line of sight. No sight of the code = an inability to detect the presence or absence of a barcode.

It's quite simple really.

Do you know what RFID is?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Doonesbury
Barcode requires line of sight. No sight of the code = an inability to detect the barcode.

honestly don't bother :sigh:
Barcode requires line of sight. No sight of the code = an inability to detect the presence or absence of a barcode.

Original post by Paracosm
honestly don't bother :sigh:

Eh ?

I've explained to him how it works but some people can't be told
Reply 45
**** tat waste of money & you wouldnt be able to be scanned properly as a shops item you'd hear the beep and it'd maybe come up as not on file lol
Reply 46
Eh ?

No you haven't. I'll ask you again, do you know what RFID is?
Eh ?

:yy:
How do you plan on keeping it looking as it is? Those (very) thin lines, and the numbers, will blur and become much less sharp over time. I guess touch ups would help, but then you'd be at more risk of a blow out which would ruin it entirely

Wait, what ? Of course it isn't

Getting a barcode tattooed on you isn't? :s-smilie:
I've seen better. And never understood the barcode tattoo. :hmmmm:.

Original post by study beats
what item will show up once you scan yourself ?

douchebag 2017?

What do you come up as? And what price?

He rings up as a packet of tampons. :yy:
Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
It kind of reminds me of the identification numbers tattooed onto Jewish people held in concentration camps.

Original post by Zxyn
I can’t wait to see your disappointment when you walk out of a shop and the alarms don’t sound as you hoped for (based on your previous posts)

Reply 52
Don't really see the point of it, its just a random barcode and its not like the numbers represent anything. but ok
Original post by Nerry
Don't really see the point of it, its just a random barcode and its not like the numbers represent anything. but ok

It's a barcode. Of course it represents something
Reply 54
It's a barcode. Of course it represents something

you're... for sale?
Original post by Nerry
you're... for sale?

I'm available
Reply 56
I'm available

RFID
RFID

Yes, what about it ?
Actually in certain shops they activate the alarm system to detect unscanned barcodes, I know tags set them off but as I said so do barcodes in some places
That's got to be the stupidest idea ever. All you'd have to do is cover it up with something magnetic.

If you want to set alarms off in shops, use a tank circuit like they do themselves. It's a ~26pF ceramic capacitor and a coil of around 20-25 turns, connected to make a loop (without a battery). It picks up and reflects high-freq RF.

Spoiler

Reply 59
How can any monitoring system detect a barcode covered by, say, a shopping bag or, in your case, your sleeve UNLESS the barcode is somehow magnetic or incorporates an RFID.

It's NOT the barcode they detect, it's the RFID built into the barcoded label.

See here: http://www.atlasrfid.com/jovix-education/auto-id-basics/rfid-vs-barcode/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Am I right in saying that the vast majority of items in a supermarket would not trigger the security alarms if they were stolen? I'm pretty ignorant about all this.

Quick Reply

Latest