The Student Room Group

Bangladesh accepts 700,000 muslim refugees fleeing buddhist genocide in Myanmar

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

How will Bangladesh pay for them?
How on earth a country struggling with a growing population,poverty and climate change can accommodate so many refugees is the big question.
I would not be surprised if there were to be a backlash in Bangladesh against Rohingya refugees down the line.
This has already happened in other cases,such as in Pakistan with Afghan refugees.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Why is it being largely ignored by mainstream media?

It has been the top or second story of the 10 o'clock news on BBC and ITV every night this week. How prominent do you want it to be?
I don't see it anywhere on the front page of the bbc news website.

There is Grenfell, Arsenal Eurpa league, Irma, Royals, Pound surging, pop artist prize, attacks in Iraq, Trump eying deal w Dems, Redmayne stalker, student murder, SATS, G4S, some guy I never heard of dying.

Yep. But it was very much up there yesterday, the day before that and on and off for the last two weeks. There is only so much to say about people who have escaped with their lives and are now living in squalor with now food or water to drink.
The Bengalis will have to share their paan now. Sad times indeed.
Limited news coverage too , considering this is essentially systematic murder
Reply 7
I wonder how that ***** even won a nobel prize?
Usually on the news for mobs hacking journalists and atheist bloggers to death, Bangladesh now has some positive news, the acceptance of 700,000 muslim refugees fleeing a buddhist genocide in Myanmar.

Meanwhile, the Myanmar president, a nobel prize winner, laughingly dismissed the claims of genocide as fake news spread by terrorists, despite large-scale army involvement in the crimes.

Even the UN has now written a strongly worded report about this. Why is it being largely ignored by mainstream media?

http://www.dhakatribune.com/bangladesh/2017/09/12/bangladesh-can-feed-700000-rohingya-refugees/

It's been on the news loads..... I don't know about news round but certainly on the other shows
Reply 9
Usually on the news for mobs hacking journalists and atheist bloggers to death, Bangladesh now has some positive news, the acceptance of 700,000 muslim refugees fleeing a buddhist genocide in Myanmar.

Meanwhile, the Myanmar president, a nobel prize winner, laughingly dismissed the claims of genocide as fake news spread by terrorists, despite large-scale army involvement in the crimes.

Even the UN has now written a strongly worded report about this. Why is it being largely ignored by mainstream media?

http://www.dhakatribune.com/bangladesh/2017/09/12/bangladesh-can-feed-700000-rohingya-refugees/

Most people in the west now have an overwhelmingly negative view of Islam and couldn't give a damm.
Original post by r3035
Most people in the west now have an overwhelmingly negative view of Islam and couldn't give a damm.

Muslims helping Muslims. It's hardly revolutionary.

Having said that, glad to see a majority Islamic state stepping up to the plate to help refugees.

I feel like that warrants a separate thread, fam
Original post by r3035
When buddhists are sick to death of Islam, you know there's a problem.

And when you're justifying ethnic cleansing just because the victims happen to be Muslims, you know you're that problem.
Reply 14

As long as Islam exists there will always be refugees fleeing.
Nobel prize winner

What an utter disgrace
Nobel Prize winner?

Claiming the Rohingya are burning their own houses?

That everything is fake news?

700,000 en masse can be seen on video fleeing?
They are Bengalis so hardly news

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't see it anywhere on the front page of the bbc news website.

There is Grenfell, Arsenal Eurpa league, Irma, Royals, Pound surging, pop artist prize, attacks in Iraq, Trump eying deal w Dems, Redmayne stalker, student murder, SATS, G4S, some guy I never heard of dying.

The BBC often has to toe the line of our government with respect to Foreign Policy.
Because white people (the guys dishing out nobel prizes) have a very rosy picture of Buddhism. I think the Buddhists committing genocide have blown more white minds than muslims'.

Burning homes, raping women, slaughtering. It would be wrong to generalise on most or all bhuddists, but to claim the ones in Myanmar are those peaceful meditating types is patently false. Among them are blood thirsty killers.

I dare say, have UK Bhuddists been asked to try to explain and justify the mass genocide committed in Myanmar?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending