The Student Room Group

Applying to unis at different times?

Can I apply to one uni before October, and the rest in December? Thanks!!
Reply 1
Original post by User3939
Can I apply to one uni before October, and the rest in December? Thanks!!

Yes. You still only get 5 choices in total, and they all see the same application details (which means they see the same personal statement). You also need to add all the choices by January 15th to be guaranteed equal consideration.

You can either add the choices yourself through UCAS Track, or you can phone UCAS and they will do it for you.
Original post by Juno
Yes. You still only get 5 choices in total, and they all see the same application details (which means they see the same personal statement). You also need to add all the choices by January 15th to be guaranteed equal consideration.

You can either add the choices yourself through UCAS Track, or you can phone UCAS and they will do it for you.

Hi!
Are you sure? An agent told me it would be difficult, as in a second moment you will be able to add just one school at a time, wait for an answer and only later add a new one.
But, as she is international, she might be wrong.....
Reply 3
Original post by berenixxx
Hi!
Are you sure? An agent told me it would be difficult, as in a second moment you will be able to add just one school at a time, wait for an answer and only later add a new one.
But, as she is international, she might be wrong.....

She's thinking of [wiki]UCAS_Extra[/wiki] and getting confused over the details there, too.

As long as you only make 5 choices in total then you can add them whenever you wish.
Reply 4
Thanks. My referee said you can't though :/ Are you absolutely sure? How can I prove I told to my referee? I don't want to correct them, they're quite scary!!
Original post by Juno

Reply 5
Thanks. My referee said you can't though :/ Are you absolutely sure? How can I prove I told to my referee? I don't want to correct them, they're quite scary!!

They are wrong. Juno is correct.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/making-changes-your-ucas-undergraduate-application

"If you didn't use all five choices, you can add more in Track:

* as long as it's before 30 June and you've not accepted or declined your offers.

* if you only originally applied to one choice (so paid at the reduced fee). All you have to do is pay the extra £11 in Track to allow you to add more."

NB. You should add them before 15 January (not June) to ensure equal consideration.

Are you applying to Oxbridge for the 15th October deadline?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Juno
She's thinking of [wiki]UCAS_Extra[/wiki] and getting confused over the details there, too.

As long as you only make 5 choices in total then you can add them whenever you wish.

Thank you Juno and Doonesbury!
Reply 7
Original post by berenixxx
Thank you Juno and Doonesbury!

No problem and if you are applying to Oxbridge it can be an idea to wait until you get your Oxbridge decision before adding your 5th choice.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Doonesbury
No problem and if you are applying to Oxbridge it can be an idea to wait until you get your Oxbridge decision before adding 5th choice.

Hi! Yes, I'd like to apply to Oxford. What you've suggested here is a very good idea :smile:
Reply 9
No problem and if you are applying to Oxbridge it can be an idea to wait until you get your Oxbridge decision before adding your 5th choice.

Hi - are you sure that it means at any time, or can you only add another choice after the initial application after February 25th?

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/making-changes-your-ucas-undergraduate-application
Hi - are you sure that it means at any time, or can you only add another choice after the initial application after February 25th?

Any time until the deadline of 15th January, you are getting confused with Extra, which is a different scheme
Reply 11

No that's EXTRA after 25th Feb. It's poorly worded :wink:

You can add choices via Track at any time (but best to do so before 15th Jan).

For example, add Cambridge before 15 Oct and submit your application.

Then add 2 or 3 more by, say, mid November.

Await Cambridge decision in early Jan, then fill the remaining slots.

Most universities issue decisions within a few weeks (average is a 5 or 6 week delay), some can take just a few days.
Reply 12
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Any time until the deadline of 15th January, you are getting confused with Extra, which is a different scheme

No that's EXTRA after 25th Feb. It's poorly worded :wink:

You can add choices via Track at any time (but best to do so before 15th Jan).

For example, add Cambridge before 15 Oct and submit your application.

Then add 2 or 3 more by, say, mid November.

Await Cambridge decision in early Jan, then fill the remaining slots.

Most universities issue decisions within a few weeks (average is a 5 or 6 week delay), some can take just a few days.

Thank you both.

Quick Reply

Latest