The Student Room Group

University Application

Hi, I'm about to apply for University through UCAS and there's something I have to ask. I'm prepared to study music and already have several instrumental grades, such as the DipABRSM Piano. Is there a way to display these achievements in my UCAS application form other than just in the personal statement?

I would like to write them in the Education section but they don't seem to fit in any of the categories (they have GCE Advanced Level, HE Diploma, etc.).
Original post by esme1234
Hi, I'm about to apply for University through UCAS and there's something I have to ask. I'm prepared to study music and already have several instrumental grades, such as the DipABRSM Piano. Is there a way to display these achievements in my UCAS application form other than just in the personal statement?

I would like to write them in the Education section but they don't seem to fit in any of the categories (they have GCE Advanced Level, HE Diploma, etc.).

If you have a high enough level, they count as qualifications and attract UCAS points. You'll have to check the website to see if you qualify. Otherwise just mention it in your PS.
Reply 2
I'm unsure which category the grades should count in (if any). I'm wondering if they should count in National 5, Access to HE Diploma, or Advanced Highers?

EDIT: It's ok, I noticed I can search for the categories I need. I was just looking at the popular categories :tongue:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by esme1234
I'm unsure which category the grades should count in (if any). I'm wondering if they should count in National 5, Access to HE Diploma, or Advanced Highers?

They d go under other but if you re applying for music then it d be a good idea to put them in your ps

Quick Reply

Latest