The Student Room Group

How did my flatmate unlock my bedrooms door?

I am still confused about the whole situation. Last night my flatmates were partying and as usual I just didn't and was in my room talking to my gf on the phone. Suddenly I heard someone at my doorstep and ignored it, in less than a minute that girl who isn't even from our flat was standing in front of me saying "oh sorry". I am a 100% sure that my door was locked and I do know that this is a safety door however it's just not acceptable because I have all my stuff in this room.

Should I report it? Tbh I don't even know what to write on the email.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I am still confused about the whole situation. Last night my flatmates were partying and as usual I just didn't and was in my room talking to my gf on the phone. Suddenly I heard someone at my doorstep and ignored it, in less than a minute that girl who isn't even from our flat was standing in front of me saying "oh sorry". I am a 100% sure that my door was locked and I do know that this is a safety door however it's just not acceptable because I have all my stuff in this room.

Should I report it? Tbh I don't even know what to write on the email.

I would go for it wasnt locked. I wouldnt report it. If it happens again then report it.
No need to party if you dont want but do make an effort to get on with your flatmates or you will end up isolated and in your room a lot. It will become you and them.
LOL I've done the exact same thing, walked in on this random girl's room whilst she was applying makeup, literally my friends room is right next to hers and I was drunk, I said sorry and she was like "No wait, come back!" so she could report me to get my ass locked up... I'd also wager that the door wasn't locked, you should try and see if you can somehow get in without the keys but if it doesn't seem possible then you probably just forgot to lock it.
If it's a one off chances are you just didn't lock it. Try and see if it can be forced without a key when locked and if not you have no reason to worry. If another key unlocked your door and the girl was drunk you'd have heard them jangling it round, drunk people never get the door open first time. Only complain if it happens again.
Reply 4
You could very easily test this. Tell someone you're going to lock your door and ask them to try and open it from the outside...
Reply 5
Original post by doodle_333
If it's a one off chances are you just didn't lock it. Try and see if it can be forced without a key when locked and if not you have no reason to worry. If another key unlocked your door and the girl was drunk you'd have heard them jangling it round, drunk people never get the door open first time. Only complain if it happens again.

It is true that the girl was trying to open in for a while. I heard it and thought it was just next door because of my headphones. So yes she had a key that opens my room!
It is true that the girl was trying to open in for a while. I heard it and thought it was just next door because of my headphones. So yes she had a key that opens my room!

OK well next step is to find the girl and ask if she can try her key in your lock as you're worried they're the same. It's still possible she was messing around with it for ages but the door was already unlocked. This way you can either be sure you're right to complain (as if hers is the same other people's might be), probably get someone else on side for the complain (since she won't want other people having access to her room) and also not look like a muppet if it turns out you kicked up a fuss when you just forgot to lock the door.
Reply 7
Expelliarmus!
Was she fit..and drunk?
Reply 9
Original post by King Leonidas
Was she fit..and drunk?

Yep..
Original post by doodle_333
OK well next step is to find the girl and ask if she can try her key in your lock as you're worried they're the same. It's still possible she was messing around with it for ages but the door was already unlocked. This way you can either be sure you're right to complain (as if hers is the same other people's might be), probably get someone else on side for the complain (since she won't want other people having access to her room) and also not look like a muppet if it turns out you kicked up a fuss when you just forgot to lock the door.

Hopefully I'll find her.
Yep..

Youuuuu Jammy Dodger!
Report it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was she fit..and drunk?

if ur implying something sexual you're literally disgusting hope u kno that xox
Original post by babsxox
if ur implying something sexual you're literally disgusting hope u kno that xox

Your English is disgusting, type properly!
Your English is disgusting, type properly!

You implied that the OP should take advantage of a drunk girl and you're worried about her English :tongue:
Original post by YaliaV
You implied that the OP should take advantage of a drunk girl and you're worried about her English :tongue:

I like how you think I 'implied' that, rather than just asking what I actually meant.
I like how you think I 'implied' that, rather than just asking what I actually meant.

You're so sexy when you're broody

wow, how do we interpret someone asking if they were fit and drunk? wow there's so many things you could mean even though "fit" is only used to imply sexual attractiveness
Original post by babsxox
wow, how do we interpret someone asking if they were fit and drunk? wow there's so many things you could mean even though "fit" is only used to imply sexual attractiveness

Really? Wow!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending